Loki

Loki's P.O.V.

     I sat in my room and calmly stroked my chin. My thoughts wandered and danced in my mind as I listened to silence.

     She hated me. As she should. I knew I could turn this around. It was almost time, I wish she would trust me for just a few more moments.

     She can't trust me, it will ruin everything. Thanos would see the hope inside her heart as she watched my performance.

     I rose to my feet and wandered out of the room. Taking a sharp turn out of the brick wall my footsteps echoed in the halls.

     My long legs carried me through the castle and to the throne room. As I stepped through the room I saw a blonde man already on his knees before the throne.

Steve.

     I looked straight ahead but as I passed I tucked a dagger into his palms. He looked up to me but I ignored it like I didn't notice. 

     I lightly stepped up the large stair case to take a place by Thanos.

     He looked to me with a smile which  I mirrored. I calmly folded my hands behind my back and looked forward.

     The large room was large and echoed with loud footsteps. Around the corner came the whole group of people. They were all bound behind their backs and wore depressed looks on their faces. 

     Steve was already bowing at our feet which helped me because it gave me time to fill him in on my plan. "Stop!" The Ebony hissed, they all did as was told. He grunted and kicked them all down to their knees.

     A few growls were made as they struggled against their bindings. Steve exchanged a whisper between Tori, she might be useful as well. I studied all of the Avengers on their knees, none of them had the guts to look up at us.

     I expected some satisfaction to creep into my heart. This was all I had ever wanted. Subjects kneeling at my feet like I was a king. I had been a king before, for five years. It reaped much satisfaction in my soul. This was different. The more I looked at my ex-team the more my heart began to twist.

     It hurt almost. I looked down to Sera. Her short brown locks were covering her beautiful face. How I longed to hold her, take her away from all this. I felt something hot sting the back of my eyes.

     It soon left when a dark voice boomed in my ear. "So! You're the Avengers." Now Tori, Steve, Strange, Sam, and Bucky looked up to us. Sera, Scott, Wanda, and Peter kept their eyes to the ground while Tony kept his sight on Peter.

     "Earth's mightiest heroes. Defenders of truth. Protectors of what's good." The titan continued. "My have you failed. Your punishment will be death. By the hand of Thanos." He rose from his chair and turned to face Ebony.

     The frail green man held out my scepter like it was glass. He gently placed it in the titan's hands and Thanos smiled when it touched his purple skin. "Well done Ebony!" He applauded, bring the tip up to his gauntlet. There was a bright glow when the last bit of the stone went into the gauntlet.

     I felt my heart twist itself again. Sera had some of the stone still inside her veins which they had to extract. The fire burned in my chest at the pain she must have gone through. I was shaken again out of my thoughts when Thanos handed me the scepter.

     I forced a smile onto my pale lips and made my green eyes gleam with delight. As I held the metal in my hand it only seemed to weigh down my decisions.

This will all pay off I assure.

     I told myself, averting my eyes to Thanos. He hand his golden hand stretched out above the Avenger's heads. A large blue energy swirled around his fist before shooting off into the center of the throne room.