You Said You'd Grow Old With Me

Sera's P.O.V.

     I stared out into the stars floating past the glass. The thin green fabric draped down my arms. A chill nipped at my fore arms.

     I shook it off and hugged myself tighter. This was the room, the room where we danced in the stars. Almost literally.

     I smiled at the memory even though it made my heart break. My eyes were still swollen and you could see the tear stains on my face. I ran a hand through my wavy brown hair.

     It was softer than normal, the Wakandan shampoo was like magic. I let my hands fall against my jean covered legs. 

     I didn't know why I was doing this to myself but I couldn't leave. It was making me feel worse. I should be trying to move on but every time I think about it I want to slap myself.

I can do that for you if you want?

Yeah sure.

*Mental brain hug*

... Uhm... Are you feeling okay.

I am, you're not.

     I sucked up a sniffle and accepted a the hug from my brain. One final tear slid down my cheek.

     "He will be missed." Thor's voice echoed in the room. I didn't jump but I turned to the side. There stood a blue ghost version of Thor.

     A weak smile found my lips. "How did you cope with it? The first 2 times?" I asked with some what of a chuckle.

     He smiled and stepped closer to me. "Well, I thought of everything he was. Most people failed to see the real Loki. He was brave, cunning, handsome, as dumb as a dodo but he was my brother. I wouldn't have learned nearly as many lessons if it wasn't for him."

     I nodded my head and looked to the stars below me. "Like what?" I whispered, feeling my throat tighten again. "Well for one if you see a snake on the ground do NOT pick it up!!" He boomed with a laugh.

    I smiled with him but couldn't find the joy to laugh. "And make sure you test the body before you assume someone to be dead!!" I nodded my head.

     A silence fell on us as we gazed to the stars. "He did love you." Thor comforted in a hush voice. I felt my heart harden itself in defense. I didn't feel like crying anymore I just wanted to go home. 

     "How can you be so sure?" My voice was raspy and hurt. Thor's ghost smiled to me. "Well, he never was one to express his emotions but with you he seemed very relaxed." I nodded my head and chewed away at my bottom lip.

     I had to change the subject before I start sobbing again. "So what's it like being a ghost?" I asked, wringing my hands together. "It's nice. I got my eye back!" He said with a grin. 

     I smiled and noticed he had both of his eyes in his ghost form. "Well, I should be off, I have a tennis match with Odin about now and I don't want to miss that!" He said with a wave.

     I nodded my head and watched him disappear before my eyes. Once he was gone I sucked a large breath of air into my chest.

I need to leave. 

***********************************************************************************************

     We landed on the roof with a small thud. The backdrop lowered and everyone flooded out of the jet. The air of home was a familiar fresh scent. 

     We walked through the doors and saw a figure on the phone. He was a larger figure who's hair line was receding and had a cross expression on his face.