The First Strike

The Celestial Spirit's strength is something that even Shen Sha Zi has found to be difficult to overcome so it need not be said that Ye Gui Feng has no hope in defeating Hao Tianya.

[...]

Ye Huang Zi doesn't say a word as he maintains a calm look on his face.

As someone that has fought and killed a Celestial Spirit in the past Ye Huang Zi naturally knows how prideful and arrogant a Celestial Spirit is.

These colossal existences are something that has been around even before the ancient world. One can only call the era in which these monstrous existences had originated from the primordial world in which the number of monsters are like the clouds in the skies.

Amongst the many different species of existence that had been in the primordial world the Celestial Spirits are considered the absolute rulers of the outer heavens.

The authorities and the strength of the Celestial Spirits are not to be questioned by any other form of life as they are the creations of Mi Tian Huan, the sixth Heavenly King who had once served Emperor Long Feng.

For a specie that has such an extraordinary background it is naturally so that the Celestial Spirits will not kneel to anyone.

Even if the heavens must fall upon them Celestial Spirits are to remain strong-willed and stand without kneeling.

Every single action, not just their existence is all a symbol of rebellion to the laws of heaven and it is because of their defiant nature that goes against the natural orders of the world that makes the Celestial Spirits the outer heavens' rulers.

"*Sigh*"

Putting on a calm expression Ye Gui Feng raises a light sigh.

(With my personality and my own personal desires I am unfit to be a practitioner. But even so this is something that I must do.)

Inwardly shaking his head Ye Gui Feng dismisses these thoughts.

Regardless of what a person chooses to become Ye Gui Feng finds it difficult to believe that they can just toss out all of their desires.

"Ever since I had properly started to cultivate my every breakthrough is a defiance to the laws of heavens. If a Celestial Spirit's very existence is a means to defy the emperor who is the representation of the heaven's will then..."

Taking one step forward Ye Gui Feng sucks in a deep breath of air before opening his mouth to answer Hao Tianya's question.

"I have the rights to become a Celestial Spirit because I have already trod too deep into this quagmire."

Hearing Ye Gui Feng's answer Hao Tianya's cold expression doesn't change as he speaks.

[Should you be capable of accepting three strikes from me then I shall give you the rights to become a Celestial Spirit. As for my memories that contain the magic technique of Celestial Spirits you will have to figure those out for yourself if you can pass my test.]

Prior to Ye Gui Feng taking another step forward Ye Huang Zi places a hand onto his shoulder.

[Imagine only the strongest things that you have seen.]

Having said that Ye Huang Zi gives Ye Gui Feng a light push and sends him to float right in front of Hao Tianya.

"What's that spiritual body doing?"

"Hm?"

Seeing the battle between Ye Huang Zi and Hao Tianya having ceased the nearby practitioners knit their eyebrows together in confusion as their eyes stick onto the figure of Ye Gui Feng who is now floating a few hundred meters away from the Celestial Spirit.