Repairing the Damages

The earth of this landmass that had been brimming with life before has been reduced into a horrific state.

The harden soil gives off a fading force of life energy that is continuously being transformed into death Qi that lingers in the air causing a strange veil of darkness to cover the skies.

[Looks like the first lifeform in this world to have conscience are going to be spirits.]

Through his spirit senses Ye Gui Feng can see a large number of souls looming around the air. Unlike ghosts these souls don't carry any kind of malevolent aura on them.

But then again that is hardly surprising as these had belonged to the plant life that had been destroyed.

This is somewhat surprising to Ye Gui Feng. He had thought that for something to develop a soul it would need to first have a conscience but seeing these souls that had originated from plants that idea is now proven to be false.

[...]

This does raise the question of whether or not the soul itself is the origin of everything but there really isn't a proper answer for that.

Under ordinary circumstances plants wouldn't be capable of developing a soul but because they are the first residence of this world the natural energy of the heavens had been pushed into them from the moment they had been sowed. This in turned made it possible for them to develop a conscienceless soul.

Given some time these souls will develop a conscience they will gradually become closer and closer to spirits. Once that happens they will generate more life energy for this world.

The eye like rift had already vanished completely but the ink like waters it had spewed out continues to remain.

[Tch it's like that bastard took a massive dump and decided to just leave it all here.]

Although none of the remnant traces of that battle can be considered trash as they all have their own uses.

The nourishing effects of the fire elemental energy that is abundant in the air need not be mentioned.

Calming down his mind Ye Gui Feng raises his right hand towards the skies and makes a grasping motion.

A beam of golden light flies down from within the white clouds and lands onto the palm of Ye Gui Feng's opened hand.

With his size as a Celestial Spirit the object in Ye Gui Feng's hand looks like a golden grain of rice.

But with the vast immortal Qi that is surrounding this object anyone can tell that it isn't ordinary.

The sun within the skies distorts slightly and the face of Ning Xu Yan appears. Blinking his left eye Ning Xu Yan presses his brows together.

(Dao Manifested Celestial?)

Even during the primordial world Dao Manifested Celestials are extremely rare in numbers. Not only are these heaven formed immortals powerful but their cultivation speed can only be described as terrifying.

None of that is really too surprising because these immortals are practically the children of heaven itself so they are born with heaven's blessing. But-

(What would happen if a Dao Manifested Celestial of a foreign heaven enters into another heaven's domain?)

This question appears within Ning Xu Yan's mind. But he quickly dismisses it as it isn't any of his concerns and returns back into a state of meditation.

The outside world's heaven can't possibly help Ye Gui Feng's Dao Manifested Celestial. In fact it might even treat it as an invader and stop at nothing to get rid of it.

Of course this same question had appeared in Ye Gui Feng's mind in the past. But none of it really matters to him.

If the outside world's heaven chooses to stop at nothing to get rid of his immortal self then Ye Gui Feng will simply keep his immortal self within his self-made heaven until it is strong enough to survive in the outside world.

However, that isn't without its own share of disadvantages.

[*Sigh* this will take forever to grow with only the natural energy of this realm...]

Considering how incomplete this entire realm is Ye Gui Feng estimates that his immortal self will require at least a thousand years to hatch out of its shell.

Once it grows out of its shell it would become a spirit seed that needs to be sowed. To grow this seed by the means of using this world's energy as nourishment it would surely take another 10,000 years.

Although once pass the hatching stage this turtle like growth speed is something that can be accelerated by sowing this seed into the cycles of reincarnation and have it appear in the outside world as a human child.

Although the child born with this spirit seed in their body won't have any of Ye Gui Feng's memories he can never the less track it down through a faint connection. The moment they meet their memories will naturally appear in each other's heads.

Of course all of these concerns are only there if this Dao Manifested Celestial can actually survive in the outside world. If it can't then it will simply have to wait another 10,000 years in this realm after it hatches out of its shell. Either way is fine since Ye Gui Feng isn't in too big of a rush.

[...]

Looking at the messy landmass Ye Gui Feng raises his left hand and begins to draw immortal Qi from the rice grain like object on his right hand.

Upon extracting enough immortal Qi to repair the damages of this world Ye Gui Feng scatters the bundle of immortal Qi in his left hand before producing a handful of plant seeds and tossing them out.

Considering the size of Ye Gui Feng's hand as his Celestial Spirit self the sight of these seeds raining down from the skies is almost like watching a heavy downpour of rain.

Looking down at the rice grain on his right hand Ye Gui Feng sighs as the golden light that comes from it has dulled quite a bit.

[Forget it. It's just a few months' worth of immortal Qi.]

Shaking his head Ye Gui Feng sends the rice grain back into the clouds so that it may replenish its depleted energy.

With Ning Xu Yan acting as a sun it will greatly aid in the growth of this heaven and further increase the production of this world's natural energy so the price of paying out immortal Qi to repair the damages that he had caused for this realm is quite cheap in the long term.

The scattered immortal Qi has already taken an effect as the soil begins to soften and be filled with life once more.

As for the death Qi that is still in the air Ye Gui Feng plans on allowing his demonic self to absorb it after its awakening.

[...]

Closing his eyes and sitting down on the lotus throne Ye Gui Feng returns to cultivation.

With Ning Xu Yan here Ye Gui Feng doesn't feel any hint of security in leaving his demonic self in its current state so he can only choose to wait for the demonic self to awaken before leaving.

Having spent over a week in this realm Ye Gui Feng misses the air of the outside world and the presence of Xiao Ju Hong.

(I wonder how that brat's cultivation is comingalong. If by the time that I come out he isn't at the mid stage of theTranscendence realm I'm going to grill him alive...)