The Authority of Eternal Slaughter

"I am not satisfied with this!!!"

With a vicious gleam in her eyes Shui Yue Shuang howls at the top of her lungs as she glares daggers at Ye Gui Feng who is taking another step forward on the Dao road.

"..."

Upon taking his next step Ye Gui Feng turns his head in the direction of Shui Yue Shuang.

The bloodied appearance of Shui Yue Shuang at this time has caused her to lose all traces of a Paragon Immortal's majesty.

"You merely got lucky! Even if you end up killing me I will still curse you in hell for this!"

Words cannot describe the kind of bitterness and pain that Shui Yue Shuang is currently feeling in her heart. Her hatred towards Ye Gui Feng has turned into that of a monstrous obsession in wanting to kill him for stealing what should have been hers.

Lucky, that would be the only way to describe the situation that Ye Gui Feng had fallen into.

Having obtained the first half of Radiant Moon's legacy how much effort did Ye Gui Feng need to expend in this labyrinth compared to Shui Yue Shuang who had stayed here for 1,000 years and is now having to deal with the matter of having no fruits to show for her labor and patience?

"..."

Towards the words said by Shui Yue Shuang Ye Gui Feng smiles as he is reminded of an old acquaintance from his early days as a practitioner.

The face of this old acquaintance slowly appears in Ye Gui Feng's head. Sheng Wang Yi, one of the Legacy Disciples of the Heavenly Demon Sect who had been jealous of him for being able to readily acquire the position of sect master so long as his cultivation base met the required levels.

Thinking back to that piece of memory Ye Gui Feng felt a bit bad for them. No doubt his action of refusing the position of sect master in front of the masses at the time must have been similar to rubbing salt onto Sheng Wang Yi's wounds.

(Ah... How similar they are.)

Gradually the smile on Ye Gui Feng's face turns into that of reminiscence.

This smile seemingly causes the tense situation that Shui Yue Shuang had been facing to fade into the background as the remnant will of Ming Yue Yao ceases to move.

"Indeed. In terms of cultivation base I am not your equal. You can easily wipe me out with the wave of a hand."

Ye Gui Feng sighs. He has to agree with Shui Yue Shuang that he is indeed lucky to have obtained the first half of this labyrinth's legacy before coming here.

There is no possible way for Ye Gui Feng to understand the amount of effort and the amount of time that Shui Yue Shuang had spent on trying to acquire the legacy that this place contains.

Even if Shui Yue Shuang's cultivation base has allowed her to cheat in some parts of the labyrinth there will surely have been a few levels that even she will have trouble dealing with.

Otherwise how could Shui Yue Shuang have been forced to spend more than 1,000 years in this labyrinth?

"..."

Reminded of the stereotypical main character in a stereotypical story in which such the main character can beat everything and everyone that they come across Ye Gui Feng's smile contains a hint of self-ridicule.

Those kinds of main characters will always have fortune coming their way even if they didn't want them. This sort of thing is something that happens offend in those stories in which the crowds and enemies of the main character would have their eyes turning green with envy.