Chapter III

Act I of Devotion: Love

Chapter III: The Golden Lioness of Dorne

Through the years of her busy wondrous life,  Leila Lannister would love the Dornish and they too loved her in return. Dorne had never thought that they would ever love someone as much as they loved the lioness. They never loved anyone else like that ever again, not even their own lord prince.

-Maester Maekar, Chapter III of The White Queen.

A Month Later
Sunspear

LEILA LANNISTER HAD EASILY BEEN CAPTIVATED BY DORNE. The beauty of the sand filled earth as they danced against harmonious winds. The beautiful tall alabaster and lime buildings. The wondrous bright sun bursting out its rays towards the vibrant airy sands. Leila was graciously in love with everything there. Fascination and excitement was all there was for her in this beautiful land.

She's never been to Dorne before, in fact she has never been away from the Westerlands and the Crownlands for that matter. Of course she would pass through the Riverlands but they rarely stayed long there at all. And she barely remembers the experience, she was too young then. She's been to every castle and keep in the West and only there. Her excitement in being in the farthest region in the South had made her happy. 

Leila loved the place Casterly Rock was, it filled her with sense of pride and consciousness of her own importance. But it was a beautiful world. She had no intention of wasting away in one place alone. And Dorne was the only the first stop in the list. There was more to see and she vowed to herself she'll see it all. One day.

They traveled away from the Westerlands through the seas, which the young lioness was pleased about. Leila had adored the sea since she had been a child. She used to be told that her dear mother had always went to the towers up the Rock, holding Leila as a babe. It was one of the things that made Leila quiet when she had been fuzzy and displeased as a babe. 

That and her father's firm tone. She had always adored the breeze and the smell of the cool salt hitting through the blue waves and into the tall rocky cliffs. It was a very beautiful place to be, the sea and it reminded her of being free. The water was always moving, always so free to go where it wanted. Leila wasn't one to be loving of being stuck in just one place forever. She loved the sea, she always has and always will.