Chapter X

Act II of Devotion: Endurance

Chapter X: Rebirth

'The birth of prince Aegon Targaryen had made all the pain that the princess of Dragonstone worthwhile. This little boy was the most precious thing in Leila Lannister's early life, all of her many children were. But there was something about her eldest son that pushed the young white queen to speculate that this boy of hers would be the greatest of all of them. And she would be right. She had almost lost her little prince when the Mad King had shocked her with his outburst. The gods could have taken this precious young boy but they did not for this young boy had a destiny. A destiny so great that the gods willed him to live. And they were right to do so. Aegon Targaryen, the sixth of that name in his entire family, would bring back greatness to his family. One way or another.'

-Maester Maekar, Chapter IV of White Queen.

LEILA LANNISTER WAS FIVE MONTHS PREGNANT WHEN SHE FINALLY WAS GRANTED BY HER HUSBAND TO BE ALLOWED TO GO TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CITY AND TAKE REFUGE IN THEIR HOME OF WHITE HALL PALACE. When Rhaegar Targaryen had the pleasure of hearing the words that he would soon be a father, he immediately set about making arrangements for his wife to go to Dragonstone to keep her from the repugnant breakdown and unrest of the government and the capital over lord Darklyn's threats towards the royal family. Her father had doubled the guards in the Red Keep on itself and they would not take any chances for a lone assassin to sneak in and kill anyone.

The same was done there in White Hall in itself now that she had taken residence there on her own. Leila could not even go out into the balcony without four or five guards accompanying her to enjoy the fresh air or even walk in the rose gardens she had so enjoyed. Leila was annoyed with such arrangement and wished to voice it aloud for all to hear, especially her father and her husband. But she knew better than to add to their already wild troubles at court and government. Leila was just glad to have her little sister Cersei to support her when she needed her, being allowed by their father to join Leila in her home and take leave from court to help her sister.

Leila led a relatively quiet life here in this palace of hers and that is when she had made her own household decisions to be effectively arranged and done. She started to arrange the living quarters at White Hall, adding new fixtures to the room that will be the royal nursery. Leila also received her new ladies in waiting a few days ago and welcomed them in her own walls for supper.

Leila explained to them her desired system for the functions of her ladies in precedence and rules. The main ladies she had gotten as lady of White Hall were to be the three main ladies who Leila called the Triarch who have great access to Leila. They are to train the ladies in waiting in their duties, in piety and much more. They also have to answer to the Triarch and when heeds access to Leila, they have to go through the Triarch. Ellisa Branfield, Helaena Velaryon and her cousin Jocasta Lannister were the three main ladies. If any of them should marry, the only one who could nominate their replacements is Leila herself.