Chapter One

Colby's P.O.V

She came in kicking and screaming, They took her to the teen girls ward across the hall...

I was standing in the doorway of my room watching them drag her down the hall, She definitely had some lungs on her, I looked around to see everyone else staring too "She's the new girl, I heard the nurses talking about her earlier"The patient across from me said "What's her name?"I asked and he shrugged "Last name is McClain, she's 16 and she's crazy...That's all I heard"He told me and I nodded, when i heard her screams stop I knew they gave her the sedatives... that's what they put everyone on when they first get here, I went back into my room and closed the heavy door.

I sat on the bed and started to day dream like I always did to pass the time here.

My thoughts were broken when I heard the door open and one of the nurses peak her head through "Just doing checks, Colby"She said and then closed the door before I could throw one of the books at her...

Name: Cole Robert Brock

Age: 19

Diagnosis: Bipolar, Intermittent Explosive Disorder

Basically I get really angry sometimes and don't know how to control it, I've made alot of the staff quit because I threatened them, scared them, or physically hurt them. I was put in this place when I was 17 and haven't been released since because no treatments seem to work on me, everyone is scared of me here but it isn't like I want it that way..

**

"Teen Wards have activity privileges"The voice said over the intercom, Activity privileges means that we can go sit in the main room, watch TV, play ping pong, or just sit alone and wait for death I guess because the first two options are all we have.

I walked into the main room and sat on the couch not expecting anyone to talk with me or even sit near me honestly, I looked around to see everyone doing their own thing, there weren't many people in this place at all, there was Belle She's 13 and diagnosed with Schizophrenia, Oliver or Ollie who is 15, diagnosed with Depression and Bulimia, Jackie is 14 and They think she has Depression but they aren't sure yet.. Then there is Bobby who is 16, He tried to kill his cat so his family put him in here, he is the only person here who isn't scared of me..

My eyes fell on a figure sitting at the end of the couch, she had brown hair and pale skin, hunched over hugging her knees and hiding her face, she must be the new girl... Belle was the first to walk over to her, Belle is like any other typical 13 year old girl but for some reason her parents said she's crazy and put her in here when she was 9 even though she isn't crazy at all, She placed her hand on the girls shoulder and asked her who she was, The girl picked her head up and stared at Belle, her skin was dull and she had bags under her eyes, her skin was so pale I probably could see right through it, Everyone stopped what they were doing and watched as Belle asked her what her name was "Josie"She said with no emotion in her voice, that must've been from all the pills they have her on right now "W-what is your name?"She asked, pausing between each word like she had to think about it really hard "I'm Belle, that's Jackie, Bobby, Ollie, and Colby"She explained and Josie stared at us all blankly, you could tell she was so drugged up that she could barely process anything that Belle just said.

I got up and went back to my room after awhile because all the blank stares and pointless questions get old really quick, As I laid on my bed I couldn't help but keep seeing her dull skin and corpse-like eyes, it was like seeing a zombie sitting right in front of you, I already knew that we weren't going to be friends, not only would the Nurses keep her away from me for 'safety purposes' but also because she just doesn't look like the attempted murder type and apparently those are the only kinds of people not scared of me.

**

Josie's P.O.V

Everyone's voice was like an echo, I could hear them but they sounded so far away, it took me a minute to understand where I was and what was going on, I remember being taken here by my mother and then these men in white suits dragging me down the hall to this room where they strapped me down and made me take a bunch of pills, that's all I remember until I woke up in a different room surrounded by kids who were somewhere around my age maybe a little younger.

When the voice over the intercom started to speak my head was pounding and I didn't know how to make it stop, I held my head in my hands looked around to see if it was this loud to anyone else, everyone in the room started to scatter and run into different rooms, That's when the men dressed in white came back and grabbed my arms, helping me stand up "Please don't make me go back to that room"I begged and tried to hit one of the men "Don't worry you are getting your own room, a bed, a desk, and a window."He said and they let go of me finally when we got to said room, I almost fell but caught myself on the edge of the twin sized bed with white sheets and beige hospital blankets on it, I moved myself so that I was sitting on the bed and heard them shut the door while they walked out, I stared at the ceiling as the pounding in my head started to subside and I began to fall asleep.

______

Hi I'm Dehlila and I'm horrible at starting books. So in case anyone is interested I was watching 'Girl, Interrupted' last night and got this idea from that. I have always had trouble starting fanfiction so I promise it will get better in a few chapters once I get the hang of it again, thank you for reading and make sure to like, Comment, and add to your reading list because you love me ~ D