Chapter Twenty-Nine

Colbys P.O.V

"It's going to be okay, Josie. Just think that in two weeks we'll have a new life and we can finally forget about that awful place... Janice is helping us."I explained to Josie, she was sitting on her bed chewing on her fingernails to relieve some of her anxiety about picking up and leaving.

Janice already had some bus tickets ready for us and an old house up north that we could stay in for awhile. She knew that otherwise there was no chance of me ever getting out and I was probably going to be put in Holding or the Danger Ward if I stayed there any longer.

"Its not that, what if they find us? I can't lose you, Colby."she mumbled, grabbing my hand and stopping me from placing anything else in her backpack "I know this is scary but it's for the best. We are going to be fine... Mental patients escape all the time."I joked to try and cheer her up, she smiled gently but quickly hid it with the sleeve of her hoodie "Just trust me, Jo, I will never let anything bad happen to you."I said in all seriousness, watching as she took her hand off my wrist and she walked over to the small dresser, taking out a few of her hoodies and folding them neatly, placing them in her backpack, she stared down at her bed as she did so like she was thinking or was so emotionally drained that she zoned out.

She told me earlier that she was happy and glad we were getting this opportunity but it scared her in a way, the thought of leaving everything she knows behind and starting over made her anxiety go through the roof and all I could do is respect that and try to help her through it.

"When we get to this place and we settle down I want to get married."she blurted out, staring me dead in the eyes and honestly catching me off guard "Josie why the rush? We already know were going to be together for a long time."I told her, I didn't want to avoid the question but at the same time I didn't want her to feel like this was her only option. "Exactly. If you know you're going to be with me forever then I want you to marry me, nothing will change between us."she explained, I sighed and placed my hand on her shoulder "Lets wait two years and I promise I'll marry you then."I said, making her smile and nod.

A couple hours later I sat at the bus station with Josie and Ms. Kitching, the sun was starting to set and our bus was about to arrive, it would be a few days before we got to our destination considering it's by Bus, then we could only stay in the temporary house for a few weeks before we had to move on and find ourselves a permanent home somewhere.

I held Josies hand tightly, feeling her heart race in her palm, Ms. Kitching kept her hand tight on my shoulder. When I looked up at her she smiled "can I speak to you a moment, Colby?"she asked, I looked over at Josie who Just stared off into the sky, admiring the pink and purple sunset on the horizon, I stood up and walked over to the side where I could still see Josie pretty well.

"I want you to take care of her, she would risk her life for you and all she wants in this world is to be with you. You two made me believe in Soul Mates again, you were created for eachother... I want you to always remember that even when it seems untrue."she whispered to me, I gulped and stared at her, processing everything she was telling me "You are her world, Colby, this society doesn't understand that."she added, pulling me into a hug "I wish there was more I could do for you"she mumbled, I shook my head and chuckled "No, you've already done so much for us, Maybe one day we'll be able to repay you."I replied, making her break into a smile.

I have known Janice Kitching since I was 17 and she has always been there for me when nobody else was, I was her shoulder to cry on when her son was killed and her husband left her, she's always been the mothering type and that's why everyone loved her at the hospital, she was what everyone needed the most... of course I was going to miss her like crazy.

"You don't need to repay me. I would just like a letter every once in a while."she said in more of a joking tone.

"Tell Josie you love her every day, Please."she spoke and then glanced over to see our bus driving up and then slowing down to a stop.

I walked over to Josie and helped her up, taking her backpack while she carried a smaller bag "I guess this is goodbye."Josie said sadly, keeping her gaze directed on the ground "It'll be easier to just get the goodbyes over with fast, Jo."I mentioned, causing her to nod and hug Janice Tightly, almost squeezing the life out of her.

"I'll see you around, Josie."She said happily, Josie nodded and held her sleeve to her eye to stop from crying. "Now get going before the bus leaves you."she said, hurrying us onto the bus and then stepping back out.

I sat in the seat right next to Josie, she sat next to the window and waved out at Janice while the bus doors closed and started to move again, I stared and admired her, this was like a dream come true for me, it feels like just yesterday I was a lonely monster who had never known love or anything close to it, now I get to spend my life with the person I was meant to be with, I truly believe she was made for me... Jocelyn McClain is my soul mate and we were destined to be together from the start.