Chapter Twenty-Two

Josies P.O.V

I laid in my bed completely heart broken. I was able to turn off my emotions for awhile, only feeling the throbbing of my face that still hurt like a mother fucker.

I sat up in my bed and was about to actually get up when my door was burst open and Bree ran in, she closed the door behind her and locked it.

"I know you slept with Colby.."she said, I shrugged and nodded "yeah?"i said, confused as to what her point was.

"Is that bruise on your face from him? Oh shit that makes it even better."she said, laughing at me, I put my hand over my cheek and looked away "but a little bruise on your cheek won't get him put away so excuse me."she stated, I looked up at her in confusion before she slapped me on my right cheek, it was so hard that my entire body whipped sideways.

She grabbed my hair and threw me down on the floor, kicking me in the stomach and face, she had already done a lot of damage by the time I grabbed her foot and twisted it sideways, breaking her ankle instantly.

She fell to the ground in pain, screaming, before I could relax she grabbed me by the hair again and slammed my face into the ground.

When she finally let go of me, the guards ran in and immediately picked her up first. "Colby Brock attacked her, I don't know what happened, I tried to help her but she went crazy on me"

"Oh shut the hell up Bree, we saw you on Camera."I heard one of them state before taking her out of the room.

I laid there, clenching my stomach and spitting out the blood in my mouth, I had no idea what was going on and it all happened so fast that I didn't even have time to defend myself other than breaking her ankle.

My eyes stayed shut, I felt one of the guards kneel down and place their hands on my stomach, poking around it for a moment "could be ruptured, we should get her checked out just in case"he said,  then he placed his hand on my jaw and moved my head "are you still awake? Can you talk to me, sweetheart?"he asked, I nodded and opened my eyes to see Fisher, this guy is everywhere now.

I tried to talk but my mouth hurt and my lip was swollen "I stared at him as he placed his hand on my arm while they waited on the gurney.

**

When I woke up in the hospital bed, i had bandages around my stomach and stitches in my lip, her fuckin heels busted the inside of my lip open.

I looked around and saw Fisher sitting in the chair in the corner of the small room, picking at a box of Chinese take out, when he noticed I was awake he smiled "hey, I told them you would probably wake up early..dont mind me I was just put here to watch for anyone."he explained. I nodded and tried to sit up, he hopped out of his chair and shook his head, placing his hand on my shoulder and making me lay back down "she broke three of your ribs, you shattered her damn foot though and that's pretty badass."he said, I laughed and shrugged.

Everything hurt, breathing, laughing, talking, everything.

"So, do you know how Colby is?"I asked, Fisher shook his head and sat back down "no I'm just here to look out for you, apparently half this damn hospital is trying to beat the shit out of you."

"It feels like they're winning."

"No, you're tough."

"You don't even know me."

He shook his head and smiled charmingly at me "I know enough about you to know that you are quite possibly the smallest little badass I've ever met... you shattered Brees ankle, like she will never walk the same again."

I smiled and shrugged "she's trying to ruin my life so that's the least I could do."

"So are you and Brock a couple?"

"Not anymore..."

He simply nodded awkwardly, keeping his head low to avoid eye contact while I answered the question "We watched her while she was in Brocks room."he stated, I looked at him oddly "like she walked in and tried to do stuff but he didn't want to... then she pulled something out of his pocket and went to your room."he explained to me, I could tell that he knew everything and was just making it seem like he didn't know much.

Colbys P.O.V.

I sat in that same interrogation room, staring intensely at the mirror because I knew someone was on the other side of it staring back at me, trying to get inside my head and test my body language, I don't know where Josie is and how she is doing, when I was thrown in here the only thing I was told was that she was really messed up and was going to be in recovery for a while because of some broken bones.

So far the test have just consisted of them showing me pictures of Josie and I from the security cameras and asking me what we were doing in the basement, of course I never told them what actually happened I would just avoid giving them a true answer and instead I stalled.

"Nurse Thompson gave us Josies Underwear, we know what happened in the basement."the psychiatrist said, trying to be nice and gain my trust so I would tell him something, I leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms "those aren't Josies, they're Brees... didn't she tell you I've been banging her for over a year."

The psychiatrist cleared his throat and looked down, my choice of words were clearly making him uncomfortable "if they are nurse Thompson's why would she say they are Josies?"

"Because she hates Josie, I'm sure that's clear by now. The woman is fucking crazy"I told him.

He nodded and wrote something in his folder before closing it up and taking off his glasses, staring me in the eyes.

"Think about it... Josie isn't exactly a pink underwear kinda girl."I added, the look in his eyes let me know that he was starting to believe me, Josie has this 'I steal souls from children' look that really helps in this context.

I know how this place works. If they know that I slept with Josie, she's the one who is going to get all shit, the only 'backlash' I would get is a high five and a warning.

Yes,I agree that I fucked up but I still love her too much to put her through that, Bree on the other hand... I want her to get all the shit she deserves.