Chapter Twenty-Four

Colbys P.O.V

Ms.kitching took me to the security camera room for the floor that Josie is on, I had to beg her just so I could see how she was doing.

I searched every screen until I found her, laying in the bed, the guard across the room staring blankly at the door, I made Ms.kitching zoom in so I could see her better.

She had two black eyes, her bottom lip was swollen, she had bruises all over her face and exposed skin, I looked a bit closer and furrowed my eyebrows "did they cut her hair?"I asked, ms.kitching nodded "We had to. Bree tangled the ends so bad that her hand was stuck in it when we found them."she explained, I nodded and sat down in the chair infront of the screens.

"Tell me about the guards, watching her. "

"Well the one you are looking at is Adam Cross, he just got there. The other guy who just clocked out is David Fisher. He requested to be there."

She then used the mouse to rewind a bit "here he is."

I watched and looked at his face, he was the guard who looked at me weird in the activity ward... I watched him play cards with Josie, I grabbed the head set and put it on so I could hear them

It was grainy but I still made out what they were saying.

"Do you think Colby really loved you?"

"I think he still loves me."

"Yeah? Because i thought you don't hit the ones you love."

"You don't understand. Colby isn't like normal people."

I took the headset off and watched without sound, I saw Josie start to look very annoyed, she placed her cards down and Fisher just packed them up and left, it was odd the way he acted, his body language was off, like he was so determined to get information from her that it was aggrevating him.

Immediately I got a bad vibe from him "watch out for that Fisher guy, he isn't right."I said, she nodded and stepped closer to the screen as I fast forwarded to now, still the same thing. The guard was staring at the door and Josie was asleep in the hospital bed, I smiled when I saw that she was still wearing her black hoodie.

"Okay Colby, it's time to go."she said, placing her hand on my shoulder, I sighed and nodded. Getting up and walking out of the room with her.

"Where are we going now?"

"You said you wanted to get better... well I'm the one organizing your recovery."

"Can you do that?"

"I'm head nurse and about to be promoted again, I can do almost anything here."

**

Josies P.O.V

After a few hours of this guard who I actually kind of liked because he gave me space and never spoke a word to me, he had to leave and clock out, meaning that Fisher was probably coming back.

It's not that I don't like him, I just don't trust him and I'm sure he knows that.

When he walked in he sat down and glanced at me "how are you?"he asked, I continuously averted my gaze to avoid direct eye contact with him, he had such an intense stare that creeped me out. "I'm fine."I stated softly, he was about to respond but his mouth clamped shut when a nurse walked in to check on me.

"Feeling better today, Jocelyn?"she asked me while she rolled up my hoodie a but to check the bandages around my torso "Yeah I guess."

"Did you Sleep okay?"