Chapter Ten

Josies P.O.V

I sat in the waiting room in front of the psychiatrist. Alone.

The nurses thought it would be a good thing to give us time apart for an hour or two a day.

"Jocelyn McClain"

I walked into the office just to be met with Dr. Carps familiar face, immediately a frown drew across my face while I sat down in the chair across from him.

"Hello Josie, I'm glad you agreed to speak with me today"

"I had no choice, if I didn't they would throw me in solitary again"

"I see."

He opened up my file with the same high school photo clipped onto the front. I was merely a shadow of my former self, I was so vibrant and full of life- I didn't even look like the same person and that was only a few months ago.

"This state's that you obtained those bruises while resisting restrainment. They had to put a muzzle on you, Josie."

"Yeah they also doped me up for no reason"

He sighed heavily and scratched his chin, setting the file down flat on the table while still open "do you know what happened to a Bobby James?"

My heart dropped and I shook my head.

"Are you sure because we saw Colby enter and leave the room a few moments before he was found unconscious with a broken nose"

"I thought I came here to talk about me-"

"I think that you know what he did and you are protecting him, because you two are more than friends"

I looked down at my lap, the way Dr. Carp raised his voice made the anxiety in my body rise to dangerous levels.

"I think you would do anything for him.."He said standing up from his desk, his voice had gone strangely calm, he walked around and squatted down behind my chair. I stared straight ahead at his degree hanging on the wall and tried to ignore the fear that started to stir in the pit of my stomach.

He placed his hands on my shoulders, gripping them tightly "but of course nobody would believe a crazy girl."

**

I sat in the tub hugging my knees, a nurse sitting in a chair beside the tub reading a book. We had to be supervised while bathing.

I repeatedly scooped water into a cup and poured it over my shoulders and hair, trying to wash away the memories.

In that room just a little over an hour ago I was given an option.

Do what he says and not get Colby in trouble again or risk Colby getting put into the danger ward for almost giving another patient brain damage. That's where all the really violent patients go, like the murderers and such. Colby is a good person, he doesn't deserve to be put in there with those other people.

Realistically Dr. Carp could say anything about Colby and I and they would believe it just because he is a doctor.

"All teens to the activity ward."I heard over the intercom.

I stepped out and wrapped a towel around myself, seeing the nurse still consumed in her book. I slipped on my clothes and signed out with the nurse before I left.

Pulling my hoodie on as I walked down the hall because I was wearing a black tank top underneath, i realized how cold it was here, it's amazing how Colby rarely ever wore a jacket.

As I walked to the activity ward I noticed everyone turn to look at me because I was the last one to walk in.

My eyes landed on Colby immediately, he ran over to me and gave me a hug "I missed you so much"he mumbled, I nodded and hugged him back gently, not squeezing him like I usually do.