Chapter Seventeen

~three days later~

Colbys P.O.V

We were all outside in the fenced in yard, teens ward was granted grounds privileges today for 'good behavior' but in reality they are just inspecting our rooms and probably installing more locks or some shit like that.

Josie was sitting in the grass leaned against the wall trying to get a caterpillar on her finger, I was sitting a few feet in front of her picking random bits of grass out of the ground, at this point I couldn't even deny openly staring at her as she focused on the little bug that she eventually got on her finger tip.

I looked around to see a few nurses and security guards like usual, Ollie was across the yard trying to talk to the new kid. Belle was spinning around in circles trying to make herself dizzy.

Then of course there was Bobby, he was standing away from all of us just leaned against the building, his arms crossed over his chest, staring at me...well more like Glaring...in other words if looks could kill I would be dead an hour ago.

"Colby?"I heard Josie ask me, snapping me out of the state I was in.

"Sorry what?"

"I asked you when you were going to take me on that date."she said, her eyes still locked on the caterpillar crawling up her hand.

"Oh yeah sure. I'll take you on a date tonight."I said, seeing her look up happily. Times like these are the best, seeing her smile and be genuinely happy is the rarest and most rewarding thing to me.

"Teens ward, stand up and face the wall"the security guard yelled signaling that it was time for us to go back inside, Josie sighed and placed the caterpillar back on the ground near the fence so it could crawl out.

We all stood and turned so we wouldn't get tazed or shot.

Josie looked over at me and smiled slightly trying to stifle a laugh when one of the guards came over to pat me down like they always did.

When they were done they let us walk back inside, making sure to count all of us as we went back inside, Josie walked up the stairs next to me, occasionally she would tug at the hem of my shirt to make me slow down so she could keep up.

"Okay, activities until lights out."a nurse said before walking away down the hall.

Josie sat down on the couch next to Pat and Belle who had already started watching tv. I sat next to her on the arm of the couch,

"Oh, Josie I'm sorry I didn't mean to..."I snapped my head to the side when I heard that voice speak.

Bobby was standing on the other side of the couch looking at the bottom of his shoe, he faced it towards Josie and i to show the caterpillar guts on his shoe "I saw you holding it."

"Uh..you didn't mean to, I guess "Josie stuttered as she replied to him, i could tell she was uncomfortable and really didn't know how to respond to that.

My eyes followed him wherever he went, I didn't trust him for shit and i knew that everything he did had some type of motive to it, he hates me now more than ever and the feeling is mutual.

**

That night I was in my room alone, sitting on my bed and putting on a hoodie so I could go get Josie from her room and take her on our 'date' which was really just mental hospital humor for "let's go to the basement and pretend we aren't in a crazy house for awhile."

"Knock Knock."I heard someone say on the outside of my door, I opened it to see Bobby with that same smug look he always has planted on his face.

"Figured I would come say goodnight to my pal."

I groaned and shook my head "I don't have time for this, just leave and go bother someone else"I said, I went to close the door but he stopped it with his foot.

"Like Josie?". I looked up and opened the door a bit to be face to face with him "Don't drag her into this."I stated

"How's that nurse you've been screwing, I've been trying to get her number but she just isn't into me."he asked, trying to change the subject and continue playing this stupid mind game.

"Leave."

"I wish I could get as much ass as you do, Colby."he said sarcastically before moving his foot and letting me close the door, I stayed silent for a few moments to hear him walk down the hall to his room.

**

After that was over I snuck out to the girls Ward and used the lanyard I basically stole to unlock Josies Door.

When I opened it, she immediately ran out and hugged me tightly "come on, let's go before the night guard makes his rounds."I whispered to her before closing her door back and locking it, I took her hand and sprinted to the stairwell so we could get to the basement.

"Its only like three flights down."I told her.

"Colby that's like five minutes of walking. I have little legs."she said with complete seriousness, I sighed and shrugged "Get on my back."I told her, her expression lit up with excitement as she jumped on my back, hooking her legs around my torso, I held her up my the backs of her thighs while I walked down the stairs. This walk was nothing for me usually but with Josie on my back it gave me a refreshing challenge.

"Why are you so happy today?"I asked her while I made my way down the second flight of stairs.

She rested her chin on my shoulder, I could feel her breathing down my neck "I don't know. Just a good day."she stated, I chuckled and shook my head "that's a damn lie."I said.

When we were almost at the bottom of the stairs she jumped down and took off running into the dark basement.

I Laughed and found the candle I hid behind some shelves the last time I was down here, lighting it with the lighter I also hid behind the shelves, when I found Josie she was standing in front of the makeshift bed I made about a year ago, it was just a few blankets and some pillows I found set up infront of the only window which looked out onto the moon "Sit down."I told her before sitting down myself and placing the candle to the side, the bed I made was hidden behind some shelving and boxes so if anyone walked in they wouldn't see me but I could hear them and have the advantage.

She sat next to me and stared out the window in awe.

I didn't even care about what was outside, the way the moonlight illuminated her features was absolutely breathtaking, I couldn't help but admire her beauty in this moment, that's why I like it down here, I get to take a break from all the schedules and rules and just relax for awhile.

___________________________________________________

Haha

Hope you all enjoyed this relatively calm chapter because ish is gonna get real dramatic real soon.

I love you guys so much and make sure to comment what you think is gonna happen in the next chapter.

~D