Chapter Twenty-Three

Colbys P.O.V

When they finally let me go and believed my story about Bree, I went to go find Ms.Kitching, she probably still isn't very happy with me because I hit Josie but I needed to talk to her.

I went up to the nurses section first and immediately found her handing out files to some of the new nurses.

She looked up and froze when she saw me "Colby, what do you need?"she asked and finished handing out Files, I just stared at her and she got the hint "follow me."she spoke, walking out of the section and not looking back, I walked behind her until she got into an elevator, I was confused but still stepped into it "Where are we going?"

"There are no cameras in the elevators."she said and then proceeded to press the button to the bottom floor and then to the top floor so we could have time to talk.

"What happened to Josie, please be honest with me."I asked.

She sighed and looked around the elevator to collect her thoughts "Nurse Thompson attacked her after she left your room, she wanted to make it look like You did it to her but nobody told her that cameras were put in the rooms."she explained, I looked away as the anger boiled inside my body, my breathing became heavier and I didn't know what to do "But she is fine now, just some broken ribs and her face looks pretty bad." I know she said that to make me feel better but it honestly made it worse.

"Can I see her?"I asked.

"She has security guards watching her at the moment and I truly don't think that right now is a good time."

I nodded and looked down, leaning against the wall, when the elevator stopped at the bottom floor, it didnt even open before Ms.kitching hit the close button and we started back up to the top floor.

"What's gonna happen to Bree."

"Well she is already Being fired but since you gave that fake story to the psychiatrist, she is being charged and will be a registered sex offender by the end of the month"

"She is a sex offender."

"Yeah but they didn't believe you until now."

That information did make me calm down a bit knowing that she was gone for good and was never coming back.

A few moments of silence passed before Ms.kitching broke into a small smile "She broke her Ankle..."she mumbled, I looked at her in confusion "Josie... she broke Brees ankle."She clarified.

I broke my frown and looked at the wall to smile, soon going back to same stern expression from before and looking at ms.kitching,

"I can't say that I didn't mean to hit her because I knew what I was doing... I want to get my anger issues under control because I never want to hit her again... I will not do this again."I said, my eyes meeting hers, she nodded.

"What do you think will help you?"

"I wanna see Josie."

She sighed and hit another button on the elevator "she doesn't want to see you. I'll do what I can."she said "but you have to promise that you will try to get better."She stated, I nodded "I will, I promise..."

**

Josies P.O.V

I sat up in the hospital bed, playing a card game with Fisher, well he wants me to call him David which is his first name.

"No, you have to put this card down and then draw one."he said, sitting at the edge of the bed trying to teach me how to play even though i was clueless.

"So has Colby ever done this before?"

"Played cards?"

"No. I meant..."he started but trailed off, pointing to his cheek, to indicate that he was talking about the other thing.

"Oh... no."I mumbled, shaking my head slightly, He nodded and looked back down at his cards.

He had been asking me all of these personal questions about Colby that I really didn't want to answer, I really wanted to use this time to forget about what happened for a while but it keeps getting brought back up.

"Do think he really loved you?"

"I think he still loves me."

"Yeah? Because I thought that you never hit the ones you love. "

"You don't understand. Colby isn't like a normal person."

"So you're defending him?"

"I don't want to talk about this anymore."I said, he nodded and stared at his cards, I set mine down and looked at the wall.

He exhaled heavily and got up "I have to clock out soon anyway."he said and gathered up all his cards, then he left. I sat there silently until a different guard walked in and sat down.

He never spoke to me or looked at me, he just sat down and stared at the door.

I leaned back against the bed and closed my eyes to try and fall back asleep, to no avail. As I lay with my eyes shut I tried to forget about Colby and about Bree, I just needed some peace and time away from my own thoughts for a few moments but that's not what I got. All I got was flashes of Brees heel kicking the shit out of me and Colby pushing me back onto a desk while we were arguing.

I had no idea how to feel about it, I was angry but at the same time I know that Colby has issues and part of me knew that this was going to happen at some point, whether he knew what he was doing or not.

_______________________________________

Hi what's up? How are you liking the book so far?

This is the last update for a couple days but feel free to tell me what you think is going to happen next..

~D