Chapter Twenty-Eight

I threw my backpack down in the entryway of my still new home, Janice closed the door behind her and walked straight to the "office" room which was just a normal room with a desk and a computer, she told me she only gets online to check on her family on social media and to answer emails which I found to be true. I went to my room and sat down on the bed, I honestly just wanted to fasts forward a few days until I can see Colby again.

When I looked around at my room it still felt very surreal to me, the fact that I had a new life in a new home, it was a bit comforting none the less.

"Josie, What do you want for dinner?"I heard Janice call from the other room "Whatever you want!" I responded back, scooting back against the headboard and hugging one of the pillows, I used to love sleeping alone-- having the whole bed to myself and not fighting over who gets more blanket but it has become something almost unbearable for me now. Now it felt Cold and lonely.

I laid on my side, still hugging the pillow tightly, desperately wanting it to be Colby instead..

**

When I opened my eyes, my room was all dark. I probably fell asleep again, I was still in my jeans but had a blanket thrown over me, something Janice does... she says it's a maternal thing but my mother never did anything as sweet as that. I looked over and saw the cat, Snowy, staring vacantly at the light shining through the crack of my door, I couldn't hear anything but I saw footsteps move across the hallway and go towards the livingroom and kitchen, I assumed it was Janice and decided it was best to go back to sleep.

**

When the light flooded my room I knew it was morning and I had to get up, I opened my eyes and saw that my door was cracked open and Snowy wasn't on my bed.

I got out of bed and brushed my fingers through my hair gently to get rid of a few tangles, then I went straight to the kitchen to get some water. As I stepped through the house I rubbed my eyes to try and adjust to all the natural light in the house, Janice liked it that way, saying it felt cheerful.

"Good morning."I heard from across the kitchen, my heart skipped a beat when I heard his voice, I took my hands away from my eyes to see Colby sitting at the table, drinking coffee with Janice, I stood in shock for what felt like forever before Janice finally spoke up "you don't have much time before you two need to get going so please sit down."she said in more of a concerned voice. I nodded and pulled out of chair at the end of the table "get going? What is going on?"I asked, feeling Colby grab my hand under the table and rub his thumb over the back of my hand gently.

"Okay let me explain. You and Colby are meant to be together, I knew that the day you were checked in at the hospital. Nobody and ever gotten to him the way you do and nobody has ever given him a chance like you have. Josie, I say this as someone who has been in love before... don't lose him. I have everything set up and I want you two to be out of here by this afternoon. Neither of you want to go on living like this, anyone with eyes can see that."Janice said, standing up and setting a mug down infront of me, putting Orange juice in it instead of coffee.

Colby sighed and looked at the table "last night Ms. Kitching got an emergency call about me, I hot a little violent because they didn't want you to come see me anymore. Long story short, Janice got me out of there when nobody was looking and now you are looking at an escaped mental patient."he said, not helping my confusion in the slightest "so when they realize you're gone.. they'll look for you and arrest us all?"I asked, my words still mixed up, trying to figure everything out.

"I cleaned up my mess, it'll be a few days before they realize he is actually missing. That's why you two are going to go off by tonight and start a life together. "She said, patting me on the shoulder and walking out of the room.