Chapter Eleven

Colbys P.O.V

When we got to my room I put the chair under the handle like I've done before.

"Won't they see us on camera?"Josie asked, I shrugged "unless someone gets murdered, the security guards couldn't care less"

Josie nodded and looked around, our rooms looked almost exactly the same except they wouldn't let me have any pens or photos in my room.

I cleared my throat gently and looked down at her "uh, Jo... can we talk about um- us?"

"Colby I really don't want to talk about this now."

"Well when can we talk about it? Because it's getting pretty damn confusing."I stated softly, trying to keep my voice down for many reasons.

"Please Colby I'm not prepared to have this conversation with you" she told me, I could see the pain in her eyes. I could hear the sadness and confusion in her voice.

I simply just nodded and took a deep breath "okay. Yeah that's fine."I said finally just agreeing and giving up for now.

She nodded and pulled back the blanket on my bed, she took off her hoodie and crawled into my bed, it made my entire body shudder when I saw the bruises and hickeys around her, it just made me angry but I decided against bringing it up again.

She stared at me for a few seconds before it registered with me that she wanted me to lay next to her, when it finally clicked I took off my shirt and got under the covers.

Immediately my arm hooked around her shoulders and her head rested on my chest.

Josie jumped slightly when she heard my door lock, like I said, they stopped doing night checks on me when I started getting creative with what I could throw at them.

I held her tightly and stared at the ceiling.

"Colby..."

"Yeah?"

"I can't be your girlfriend"

"Why not?"

"Because you'd get hurt and I love you too much to see that happen"

I didn't answer her, her words were the only thing that hurt me.. it did make me feel better when she mentioned loving me.

She fell asleep pretty fast after that, she must've had a pretty exhausting day...or I'm just really comfortable.

It took me so much longer to get to sleep because of all the thoughts running through my mind, the marks on her body, the fear in her eyes, I don't think I've ever felt so weak and useless. I felt like there was nothing I could do do keep her safe and protect her even though that is all I want to do.

I know she wasn't going to see me as her boyfriend but whether she likes it or not she is my girl and nothing will change that.

**

I shot up when I heard my door unlock, I threw the blanket over Josie and moved the chair out from under my doorknob.

I cracked open the door gently and stared at the nurse on the other side of the door.

"Hey Colby, just doing checks.. can you open your door?"

"No"

"Why?"

She was a younger nurse that had just started a few months ago.

"Just go away, Bree"

"You don't want me to come in?"

"Nope."

I shut the door in her face and turned around to see Josie sitting up in my bed, she was rubbing her eyes and leaned against the wall.

"Morning."I said, I was absolutely struck by how gorgeous she looked even though she had just woken up.

She simple nodded to me and hopped out of my bed, throwing on her hoodie that was on the floor and combing through her hair with her finger tips.

"Who was that nurse?"she asked

"Oh that's Nurse Thompson"

"Why did you call her Bree?"

"I'd rather not talk about that"I said awkwardly, itching the back of my neck, she had her eyebrow raised at me in suspicion.

"We both have our secrets, Josie"I added, her face softened and she looked down at her feet, knowing I was right.

I placed my hand on her lower back to guide her "I'll walk you back to your room."I told her, she had went silent after my previous statement, I knew something was really bothering her but I didn't dare to ask because of how she had been acting as of recently.

As we walked down the hall we made sure to avoid any nurses seeing us.

I couldn't stop thinking about it. About her... About Bree.

~Flashback~

"I can't believe I'm doing this right now"

She laughed and pushed me down on the bed.

"We have about 40 minutes between rounds, this'll only take 20"she told me while I unclasped her bra.

Afterwards I laid in my bed, watching her get dressed back into her nurse uniform before she had to continue with work.

I knew this was wrong, she's a young nurse and I'm just a teenage patient... but it's been so long since I've even touched someone.

"See you Thursday, Colby."

"Yeah...see you Thursday, Bree"

~End of flashback~

Josies P.O.V

I saw the way that nurse looked at Colby, I saw the way Colby slammed the door in her face like he didn't want me to see her.

This hurts. The pain of us both keeping secrets from eachother was excruciating, I felt weak, like I didn't know what he was thinking anymore. I felt as if he could explode at any moment and I wouldn't be able to control him anymore.

"Can I take you on a date tonight?"Colby asked as we made it to my door "what?"

I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"Uh. I know this place by heart and the basement isn't guarded by security so we can go there. It's better than it seems."he explained

I nodded slowly and leaned forward to give him a hug but to my dismay he took a step back.

"I gotta go."he said and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly "I'll see you later then" I whispered and turned around to walk into my room before one of the nurses caught us.

**

I closed the door and leaned against it,    bringing my hand to my throat and running my finger tips over the bruised skin... I had another 'therapy sesson' later today which just the mere thought of gave me knots and the feeling of nausea deep in my stomach.

Colby. You are doing this for Colby. You love him and you want what's best for him.

___________________________

HEY GUYS HERE'S AN UPDATE!!! Another one is coming soon.

Make sure to vote, comment, and add to your library so you don't miss when I update ~D