Chapter Twenty-five

Colbys P.O.V

That night I stayed in the hospital room with Josie, she finally fell asleep after i turned the lights off and laid in bed with her.

I never went to sleep though, I stayed awake to watch and make sure she was safe, recently it seems like everyone here is out to get her and the nurses decided that she was safer with a psycho like me looking out for her rather than trained guards.

She was passed out, her right arm stretches across the bed due to the wires and tubes attached to her, I was holding her left hand, her face buried in my chest with, holding her close to me, I liked the feeling of her heart beat and the way her chest would rise and fall with every breath she took, it was the only thing that relaxed me now.

At this point though it wouldn't be long before the psychiatrist moved me to a different ward and Josie was by herself again, I was working with ms.kitching to get my issues under control but that was going to take time, time that I don't have.

**

After a few days had passed Josie was finally okay to come back and see everyone else, nobody could hug her because her ribs were still heeling, I became a bit of a bodyguard for her since I couldn't trust the staff anymore, every night I sat infront of her door watching down the hallways for anything, the only time I slept was in the mornings when ms. Kitching returned and would take my place for a couple hours while I slept. Then when I woke up I would go to the activity ward and stand right beside her there to avoid anyone getting too close.

That day in the activity ward I didn't see her... I went down the hall to the Girls ward and saw that the door to her room was wide open and two guards were clearing it out while a janitor cleaned it up.

My heart stopped and I ran to the nurses section, bursting through the lounge door and grabbing Ms. Kitching "what happened to Josie? Where is she?" I asked sternly, my hands gripping her shoulders, she just sighed and looked at the wall beside me "Colby sit down. I can't talk to you when you do this."she spoke, calmly.

I nodded and sat down on a table infront of her, keeping myself calm and staring straight into her eyes.

"Josies Mom came in this morning, she was yelling and screaming about how we charged her for providing food and extra Clothes to Josie while she is in our care.."

"She said she would take Josie home if it costs that much to keep her here."She added.

My heart rate sped up and I gritted my teeth, preparing myself to hear the worst.

"So I adopted her."

"What?"I asked in shock, getting of off the table and taking a step towards her "You did what?"I repeated myself.

"Her mother was being outrageous, I said I will adopt her if she signs over her rights to me...her mother agreed "

"Okay okay I understand...but where is Josie now?"

"She's not crazy, Colby, anyone can see that, I checked her out. took her to my home and she's sleeping right now, I told her to call me if she needed anything."

I took a shaky breath and looked at the floor "so I'm never going to see her again?"I asked on the verge of tears.

Ms.kitching shook her head and placed her hand on my shoulder gently "I can't hurt her like that, she needs you alot more than you need her."

"That's not true, she was doing fine without me."

"Don't live in a fantasy Colby, we all have our issues, some of us just suppress it better than others "

She leaned in and gave me a hug, slipping a piece of paper in my back pocket. I looked at her with confusion clear across my face, she simply smiled at me and nodded her head once.

Ms. Kitching walked  over to the door but before she opened it, she glanced back at me.

"Please don't let anyone know that she is with me."she mentioned, I nodded and watched as she opened up the door and gestured for me to walk out first, which is what I did.

As I walked back into the activity ward I felt everyone staring at me, wondering where Josie is and why I wasn't with her.

Of course as soon as I sat down I was bombarded with questions from everyone.

"Where is Josie? Did she run away? Did she die?"

Before I could open my mouth to answer, someone else beat me to the punch, shouting across the room "She's pregnant!"

My eyes darted over to Bobby who was standing in the corner "they fucked in the basement."he added.

I glared at him, hoping he would just shut the hell up "why else would she just disappear? They don't want us to know that the crazy bitch is having his bastard child."

Belle looked at me "is that true? Tell us what happened to her, Colby."she begged. Bobby walked closer to us and shoved his hands in his pockets "yeah Colby, tell us how you, an almost twenty year old man, violated a sixteen year old girl on the dirty floor of a basement."

"That's not how it happened."I mumbled, looking down at my lap, trying to keep my cool and not kill this dickhead.

"What I wouldn't give to be in your shoes, to have been the one who manipulated a young teenage girl into having sex with me with no protection."

"Shut up you sociopath!"I blurted out, he was trying to get inside my head again and make me angry past the point of control.

"You can't call me anything that I haven't heard a million times before."he mumbled, the sick and twisted smile plastered on his face made me want to ring his neck.

"Just admit that you got her pregnant and she going to have your psycho children."

I stayed silent, I didn't want to hurt anyone infront of belle, she means so much to Josie and therefore she means alot to me, she's like a little sister.

"So you admit it? That's why Josie left."he stated, backing away and crossing his arms like he accomplished something...

That's how the amazing rumor started that I got Josie pregnant and that the staff moved her to a different floor to hide her... even some of the nurses believed it and started to treat me differently.