Chapter Nineteen

Colbys P.O.V

After i walked Josie to her room and went back to mine for the night, I fell on my bed and stared at the ceiling, this has probably been one of the best nights of my entire life.

There are cameras everywhere so the security guards know we went to the basement, they just aren't going to ask any questions because they know me all too well.

Honestly though as happy as I was, I still heard that little voice in my head that continuously reminded me of Bree. I remember so vividly ms. Kitching's words after i told her about it.

...

"Colby I will do my absolute best to get her fired and banned from working in medical centers but it will take some time."

"Please Janice, Josie can't find out about this. It will break her heart"

"I understand but something like this can't be easily done. I will need to get authorities involved ."

...

She was right when she said it would take awhile for anything to happen and as much as I want Bree fired, there is nothing else I can do until I get questioned.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard guards banging on doors in the girls ward, although it was abit odd, it still was pretty normal considering when the nurses need to use the bathroom or something, they put a guard in charge of doing checks and they can be a little too harsh when it comes to knocking.

Then I heard the intercom cut on "the girls ward is temporarily closed for maintenance, girls, please make your way to the activity ward where cots are available."

Shit... something must be really wrong for them to have to evacuate that whole area and make the girls sleep in the activity ward.

**

Josies P.O.V

I was sleeping soundly in my bed when someone banged on my door and just ended up busting it open anyway.

"To the hall."the guard said, basically ripping me out of my bed and pushing me into the hallway with the other girls.

I could hear Mrs. Hardass over the intercom "girls ward is temporarily closed for maintenance, girls, please make your way to the activity wardwhere cots are available"

I rolled my eyes and walked behind the others to the activity ward, it was cold and I just wanted to go back to sleep.

When we got to the activity ward there were two cots for three people but since I was the oldest I just took the couch.

The blankets they provided us were thin pieces of flat sheets, I was freezing my ass off to say the least.

After a few minutes of trying to find a way to get warm I finally fell asleep, waking up periodically throughout the night of course.

**

I was awoken to the sound a bullhorn cutting on and someone screaming into it "All girls are to be dressed and the cots will be put away within ten minutes!" Mrs. Hardass yelled, I groaned and got up, folding the sheet and setting it down on the blanket, going over to help Belle fold up her cot "What are you doing?"One of the guards asked, getting in my face, "putting up the cots."I said, my expression staying the same amount of annoyed and pissed.

"Go get dressed."

"I am dressed, dumbass. I only have one set of clothes."

He gripped my arm tightly and pulled me over to the nurses section.

Before he could even speak, six nurses stood up and stared at him in fear "What happened?"one of them asked, she glanced at me, my expression of nothingness only making her terror worse.

"She is disrespecting me."he stated, tightening his grip on my arm.

"Sir.. that's Josie McClain. Remember what we told you." The head nurse on duty said, suddenly he let go of me completely and took a step back "I'm so sorry, Miss, I had no idea, this is only my second day."

I just nodded and looked at the nurses "can I get a heat pack before my arm starts to bruise?"I asked, seeing Ms. Kitching walk in from the back "of course, come around here and I'll get you one."she said "you can go back to work now, Fisher."she added, looking at the guard, he nodded and walked off, still shaken at the thought of putting his hands on the reason Colby would kill a man.

I walked around and through the door, ms. Kitching took me to the lounge with her since it was empty.

I sat down and she got me a sweater to change into, handing me a water bottle to drink as well while she tried to find the heating pad "so what's going on?"I asked her.

She sighed and turned around to glance at me for a moment "they are putting more locks on the doors and cameras in the rooms, which is a good and bad thing."

"What?"

"Its a good thing because we can catch all the slutty nurses, but it's a bad thing because it means you and Colby can sneak off to the basement together anymore."she said

I groaned and looked at the wall "Why does that matter? Everyone is terrified of Colby."

"Not some of the new guards, a few of them actually listen to us like Fisher."she explained, finding the heating pad and plugging it in, wrapping a towel around it and putting it on my arm to hopefully help my skin not bruise as bad.

Ms. Kitching knelt down in front of me and stared me in the eyes "please don't Test these new Guards, Mrs. Banks hired them, they will hurt you and Colby, do you understand?"

I nodded, a little confused "just hold off until I can figure something out, okay?"she added, I nodded once again and was left speechless, she was so serious and concerned for mine and Colbys safety.

"Oh and please don't tell Colby about Fisher, we will have a talk with him, we don't need Colby almost killing another guard here."she said in more of a joking tone.

I laughed a bit and broke into a small smile ..

_________________________________________

Hey guys! I hope you liked this super boring Chapter, make sure to comment what you think is gonna happen next because I'm nosy like that.

Thank you everyone for all the support this book has received, I really appreciate it ~D