Chapter Three

Colby's P.O.V

"So why are you here?" I asked her and watched her finger busily tracing out the patterns of the floor "I don't want to go into the detail but basically my dad is a dick and my mom put me in here to protect him" she said not looking up at me with the confidence she had just a few moments before, I just nodded and moved onto a different subject "what are you in here for?" She asked me and I Bit my lip "Almost killed my ex girlfriend, they wanted to just put me in prison but after they supervised me they realized I was just crazy and put me in here" I explained, she is the first patient to ever know about why I'm in here, after that we just chatted about random things like Favorite color, Favorite animal, the meaning of life..

She was actually really down to earth, I didn't understand why they would even agree to lock her up in here, I like her a lot but I don't want to hurt her if I have an outburst, maybe I could try a little bit harder to control them when I'm around her so she doesn't get scared of me like everyone else is..

Why hasn't she asked why I almost killed my ex? My parents asked, my old friends asked, the cops asked...Why hasn't she?

I guess I shouldn't question it and just go with whatever happens, if she asks then I'll tell her but if she doesn't want to know I won't tell her.

"So why are the rules so strict? No girls in the boys ward, no tank tops or shorts..." She started and I shrugged "Mrs. Banks made those rules, she thinks we fuck like rabbits around here" I said honestly, chuckling a bit at my own words "But there are like 6 people in this section... Three of which are under the age of 16" she said but I shrugged knowing she was right but the staff doesn't think she is.

"Do we get grounds privileges?" She asked, I nodded "yeah, but you don't have a Buddy yet" I answered "well who is my buddy?" She asked me "it has to be one of the girls"

"But the girls are each others Buddies..."

"Yeah and the other boys are taken too" I added

"Will you be my buddy?" She asked confidently

"Uh-...Me? You trust me?" I asked and she nodded "well who else can I trust?" She asked and I shrugged, fair enough. "Yeah I'll be your buddy".

She stood up and waited for me to follow her, I stood up beside her and realized just how small she was, petite with a small frame, I wonder why they needed two men to drag her in, she must be pretty strong.

She asked the head nurse, Ms. kitching, if she could go outside " you need a buddy before you can go out"Ms. kitching told her, not even noticing me standing behind her "Colby's my buddy" she said and all the nurses turned to us in shock, their eyes as wide as saucers "Oh no ms. McClain we recommend you find a new Buddy-" "no. Colby is my Buddy...Now can we go outside or not?" She asked, the confidence paired with the stubbornness in this girl is amazing.

Ms. Kitching gulped and nodded, handing her a whistle "blow this if he gets violent with you, we've had to tranquilize him before" she said, you could tell in her voice she was trying to be polite but it just didn't come out that way.

Josie nodded and turned to me "let's go" she said and pulled me towards the back exist which was down a flight of stairs.

**

Josie's P.O.V

The way I felt about Colby was like hitting the gas pedal on a car and going from 0 to 100, its like I was instantly drawn to him and clung on.

When we got outside I took off my socks to walk on the dirt with my bare feet, there was a huge electrical fence around the building, Colby had a frown on his face as he walked beside me, his hands shoved into his pockets as he mumbled under his breath "she had no right, she is being a bitch, why would she say that?" Over and over again, I stopped and stared at him "is this about what Ms. Kitching said?" I asked him and he looked at the ground "She had no right" he said under his breath just loud enough for me to hear "You have a past with hurting people.." I said

Suddenly without a second to process Colby pinned me to the brick wall,

"Its not like that! I don't want to hurt people!" He yelled and punched the wall next to my head, He panted heavily from what i assumed to be anger and frustration. I stared straight into his eyes without blinking or showing an ounce of fear, he bit his bottom lip and let his hands fall to his sides "That's amazing" he mumbled.

**

Colby's P.O.V

"That's amazing" I mumbled,I didn't want to hit her. It's like she looked at me and my breath was caught in my throat, I felt weak around her... She has an affect on me that nobody else has, I don't understand how it's possible..

"What's amazing?" She asked "that I'm not scared of you?" She added and I shook my head in disbelief at my own realization"no its amazing that I don't want to hurt you..." I said still in disbelief, I had to sit down to process everything that just happened "how did you do that?" I asked her and she shrugged "I don't know. I guess I'm just talented" she said more as a joke and sat down next to me.

She placed her hand on my shoulder "why am I different from everyone else?" She asked, leaned over to try and look me in the eyes again but I shrugged and kept my face toward the ground.
I had no answer to give her.
I have snapped at my friends, family, everyone but as soon as I snap on her I can't do it. She has this power over me and I don't know how to explain it...

_____________________________

Hiya I hope you like this crappy chapter because its the last one until tomorrow, I love you guys so much and make sure to give feedback because the more likes and comments this gets, the faster I'll update!~D