Chapter Eight

"She isn't lying. I believe her, if only you had seen the marks on her back, there was clearly abuse"

"Could've been from Colby, we don't know what they are hiding"

"Look at the pictures, those are laceration scars, Colby didn't do that to her"

"You are hiding something Janice"

Josies P.O.V

Colby and I were sitting on the couch in the activity room watching tv, my legs were resting over his lap while my body leaned onto his shoulder, his arm was draped around my shoulders as we watched the news since that was the only station we could watch other than PBS kids.

"Josie.."a faint voice called from the side of the sofa, I looked over to see Belle standing there.

She wore a black dress with white leggings underneath, her shoulder length red hair pulled into a ponytail.

"Can I talk to you for a second?"she asked.

I nodded and got up at the hesitation of Colby "I'll be right back"I mumbled to him before he finally took his hand off my leg so I could stand.

"What is it?"I asked Belle as we walked off to the side so nobody could hear us talking.

"Um...i uh- I need you to tell the nurse that I uh... got my period..."she spoke softly in almost a whisper tome, it then occurred to me that she was about thirteen and it wasn't surprising that she was just starting her period and how awkward it is at first "yeah of course I'll tell them for you."I said seeing a wave of relief wash over her face.

I walked with her to one of the head nurses of the girls ward and nudged Belle to stand beside me "Belle has started her period and would like to keep it as quiet as possible please"I said, the nurse smiled and patted my shoulder "thank you dear. Come on Belle, let's go get you some supplies "

After that was over I walked back over to the couch to see A boy about my age talking to Colby, I sat back down and placed my legs over Colby once again, returning to the position we were in to begin with.

"And then she was like 'No Bobby don't hurt muffin, hes just a kitten' man it was hilarious"the boy I assumed was Bobby said.

His eyes landed on me as he looked me up and down like how a lion looks at prey.

"Bobby, I respect you man but take your eyes off her and finish the damn story"Colby said, squeezing my leg gently and gripping me a little closer to him, I had to admit that I really liked protective Colby.

Bobby smirked at me and closed his eyes, shaking his head gently "it's not important"he said and opened his eyes again, walking away.

I could feel Colbys heart beat faster and see the way his nostrils flared when he was about to freak out. I placed my hand on his chest and shook my head "I'm okay, Colby. Calm down"I said softly, he never took his eyes off Bobby.

"Colby why are you so angry, he didn't touch me"I asked

"He wanted to, you could see it in his eyes"

"Don't get mad over it, he won't bother me."I said to try and calm him down

"You understand, he isn't scared of me like the others are"

"He doesn't have to be scared of you to know not to fuck with you"

That last phrase seemed to do the trick and his breathing started to even out.

"If he even gets too close to you I'll kill him"Colby said before finally directing his gaze back to me "if you kill him then you'll be locked up and I'll never see you again"

"All Teens back to their wards"I hears over the intercom, I gave Colby a small kiss and got up with him "I'll see you later"He said hesitantly, he didn't want to part ways, anyone could see that even if it was just for a few hours.

When I got back to my room I went over to the window and looked outside through the bars.

I could see all the adults outside walking around and enjoying the fresh air that we rarely got here, only once or twice a week were we allowed grounds privileges.

Colbys P.O.V

As I sat on my bed all I could think about were the way Bobbys eyes seared into Josie like he was mentally undressing her, they are the same age but he is wildly different than her or me.

He has no respect for women at all, I admit I'm not a star child when it comes to respect but I have never in my life used someone just for sex like he does.

I didn't even want to think about what he was thinking about doing to Josie, those thoughts floored me into rage and I had to stop myself from going on the verge of another outburst.

Before I realized what I was doing I was exiting my room and walking down the hall to Bobbys room, there were only locks on the outside of the doors so I knew I could get in.

When I walked in I could see Bobby throwing the blanket over himself, I immediately knew what he was doing "that's fucking disgusting man, put it away"

"Don't act like you don't do it all the time" he said "especially with a girlfriend like that"

I took a deep breath and tried to shake off his comment "She's not my girlfriend"I started but was cut off by Bobby jumping out of bed after adjusting himself, he walked up to me slowly.

"You act like all you want to do is protect her and hold her hand... don't lie to me and tell me that you haven't thought about going into her room in the middle of the night, pinning her down on the bed and just-"

"Shut up Bobby, I don't want to fight with you"

"Well if she isn't your girl I can say whatever I want about her."he said, clearly trying to test how far he could go before I blew up.

"I have to say she is way too pretty to be here. It's not safe for someone like her, some guys might get the wrong idea"he said sitting back down on his bed, I walked over to him calmly and decked him in the nose, he fell over on his bed unconscious with blood pouring out of his nose.

And with that I just walked out. I still don't know the reason I walked in there, maybe i did come in there to fight, if I did I definitely controlled myself a lot better than I usually do.

**

When I got back to my room and closed the door i knew I was in deep shit for this, they saw me in camera walking into his room, then of course they would see that I probably broke his nose and gave him brain damage.

I had to do it though, he's a weird perverted kid who would do anything to get what he wants but I couldn't let him have Josie, ever.

_____________________________

How is the new update? I'm trying to push out as many as I can before I get busy again and can only do a few a week, I will try my best though because I love this book and I have some great ideas for it so don't forget to vote, comment, and add to your library so you won't miss an update ~D