Dinner

Alanna Stark felt like a trapped young wolf in the cage of the mighty and old lion, Tywin Lannister.

True she was shown no bad intent since she had been here and even allowed to bathe and given fresh clothing. Now being fed food she couldn't help but wonder what was going on in the mind of one of the most powerful men in all of Westeros.

Tywin had yet to say anything to Alanna as she had entered the tent and even had her chair pulled out for her by Tywin, before taking to his seat beside her at the head of the table.

Eating in silence was putting Alanna more and more on edge as she sat there trying to come up with a plan to escape the teeth of the lion.

"I apologize for the men's clothes, not like we carry spare dresses among men."

Alanna blinked slowly, had Tywin Lannister just attempted at a jest?

She put on a small meek smile just in case. One to show that she was amused, but not one that was enough to insult him if it turned out she was wrong and he was just being serious.

"You had me brought here in men's clothing. Shows that I do not mind wearing them. But I thank you for the bath, food, and clothing, my Lord. It's very generous of you."

Tywin didn't say anything quickly after her thanks to him.

Instead he looked her over.

Her pale skin no longer covered in mud and with her long flowing brown locks actually tied up into a proper bun she did not look half as bad.

She was rather attractive -- for a Northerner.

"Tell me, what business does a woman have in the middle of a fight? It's rather foolish to even allow someone like yourself to join in such barbaric tendencies."

"Forgive me, my Lord, but my younger brother knows how good I am at strategies. Which is why I am here."

She said figuring that witty little remark would give Tywin something to think about.

Oh and it did.

She either didn't realise that she had just told him that she was helping Robb Stark plan his attacks -- or she didn't care that he knew.

Either way, he knew her worth now seeing that Robb Stark had yet to loose a battle.

"Really? You?"

"Yes, really. I'm a woman, women specialize in manipulation and planning. I'd like to say that we make some of the most tedious enemies if you happen to find your unfortunate self on our bad side."

Tywin felt his lips twitch up.

This girl was smart, witty, and had a silver tongue at best.

He honestly was starting to believe that she was helping her brother plan his attacks. Which in any case if it were true, he could not allow her to leave now.

"So, you're the one behind all the planning then? The voice while your brother is the muscle?"

Alanna didn't speak after that once she realized what Tywin was getting at and the position she found herself in now.

"If I say yes, Lord Tywin, will you have me killed?"

She asked lowering her silverware and looking at Tywin in the eyes. The old lion held his gaze as he looked into the icy blue eyes that she possessed. He found himself thinking about her question.

"No. It would be a waste of talent that the Lannister army cannot afford to loose."

Her eyebrow arched a bit as she looked to Tywin.

"So, instead of death I am to be your prisoner? Tell me the difference, my Lord, I'm afraid I can't tell myself."

"Would you rather be killed?"

He questioned quickly, how own brow arched high on his thin and old face. Alanna looked at him. There was something in the pit of her stomach that warmed her body.

The sad thing about it was she didn't know if it was fear or attraction.

"No. No, my mother has lost enough family, I would not do that to her, I would not further break her heart."

She replied causing Tywin to lift his head a bit as he snorted and reached for his drink.

"Then you will work for me. If you try to escape, or attempt to kill me, then you will end up breaking your dear mother's heart."

Tywin said taking a drink out of his glass.

Alanna sat there while her gaze left Tywin's and she stared back down at her plate and sighed softly.

What had she gotten herself into?