Dinner

Alanna felt -- awkward, to say the least. She sat at the dinner table with Cersei and her two children and Margaery Tyrell. Cersei had offered her the deal of dinner with her soon to be family, saying that it would be nice to get to know each other a bit better.

Alanna knew all too well that it was merely a play on words and that Cersei was more than likely going to try and find flaws in the younger woman and show them to her father to break the marriage that Cersei truly disagreed upon.

"When are you marrying Grandfather?"

Tommen spoke up from the table. Alanna was in the mistake of sipping her wine when the young prince had asked. Alanna placed the cup down and swallowed.

"I'm not entirely sure, your grace. Though it would be wise for the both of us to wait after the war is finished."

"Why?"

He questioned innocently. Alanna couldn't help but smile softly, Tommen reminded her of her younger brother Brannon.

"Because your grandfather is the Hand. And his attention is needed on this war more than myself."

Tommen was quiet for a moment he just looked at Alanna and then toward his mother.

"Mother said that it must be hard for grandfather to want to marry you, since he's fighting your family."

Cersei gave her son a poliet and warm grin when he spoke. It was odd seeing Cersei acting this way toward anyone. Alanna had always known her as a crude and backstabbing woman.

"Is it?"

He asked looking back at Alanna. Alanna was quiet for a moment as she allowed the silence to settle in. She heard Joffery shuffle around in his seat and Margaery was watching the interaction.

"No, I don't believe so."

She said with a small shake of her head.

"And why not?"

Joffery spoke this time. Alanna turned her gaze to him and with a poliet smile she spoke.

"Because he offered me the proposal of marriage in the mist of the war. I was taken prisoner by the Lannister army and two months later, your grandfather asked me to marry him."

She watched as Joffery rolled his eyes and Margaery gave a soft smile.

"Sounds like he admired you, being held up with him for so long."

The young brunet said causing a scoff and chuckle from Cersei, having everyone turn and look at her. The older woman was now frowning and slightly glaring at Alanna.

"Admiration? I highly doubt. My Lord Father merely seen the opportunity that he could have with such a young woman in closed quarters. He's a smart man, my father, picking such a young woman to give him heirs year after year. That's all you are to him. Don't think otherwise."

Cersei said shaking her head slowly before plucking her cup of wine from the table and taking a huge drink from it. Alanna just watched her. The words - for some odd reason - stung her harshly.

She didn't understand why Cersei's words had such a toxic effect on her, but they did regardless of what she tried to tell herself.

Alanna gave Cersei a poliet smile, but the smile did not reach her sad eyes as she turned them down to finish up her meal and return to her chambers for the night so that she could be alone and away from the viscous woman that sat across from her.