Sickness

Tywin Lannister felt as if no matter how fast of a pace he walked he could not arrive soon enough. He waved the guards away that had tried to follow after him, he didn't need them, he needed to get to Alanna's chambers.

A messenger boy had been sent to fetch him from Tyrion. Alanna had fallen ill and he hadn't had a clue -- well, he had, but she had waved it off due to the heat.

Now the sixty-seven year old man walked briskly through the halls until he busted in through her chamber doors. This caused the Measter to jump as he had just dipped a rag in a bowl of ice cold water and was applying it to Alanna's forehead.

Tyrion was present, as was Alanna's sister - Sansa.

It was then Tywin looked to Alanna and seen just how pale she looked. Her once tanned skin was ashen and her cheeks held a redden color to it. He felt frozen in place, seeing his future wife laying on the bed seeming half dead.

"Everyone out."

Tywin ordered, causing Tyrion and Sansa to leave the room quickly. The Measter attempted to leave, but Tywin raised his hand.

"Not you."

He ordered, causing Pycelle to go back to the corner of the room where he was mixing medicine.

Tywin approached Alanna slowly and stopped at the edge of her bed. He felt weakened seeing the young woman laying here in such a state.

"What's wrong with her?"

He questioned, his green-golden eyes not dare leaving her body. Her chest heaving heavily. He had just seen her a few days ago and she wasn't anywhere near this state.

"She is lacking fluids, hot to the touch, complaining of aches in the head. Lord Tyrion brought her back here, apparently halfway here she collapsed in the hallway, complaining of body aches. She has only worsened in the hour."

Pycelle said as he mixed some herbs into a glass of water and brought it over to her. Tywin grabbed a nearby chair and took a seat beside her bed. He nearly reached out for her hand, only keeping away from it due to the fact that Pycelle was here watching.

"I believe, my Lord, that Lady Alanna Stark is with child."

He said grabbing the back of Alanna's neck and raising her to help her drink the water.

Tywin's eyes widened a bit. Pregnant. Why hadn't she told him she believed herself to be pregnant? She was the eldest of her siblings so she should have known the signs?

"You are sure?"

"I have checked her body, there is a small bump on her stomach. A baby bump, my Lord."

Tywin listened carefully and watched as Alanna slowly drank the herbs that were given to her. He didn't really know what to say. He honestly hadn't believed that his old body could still produce heirs and so he wasn't worried about it.

But apparently he was still able to make children.

Tywin sat there, and finally he grabbed Alanna's hand and took it into his own. He swallowed the thick lump in his throat. He held her hand tightly, not feeling her holding back caused concern in the strong old lion.

Pycelle seen the action but knew better than to comment.

"Will she make it?"

He questioned his eyes refusing to be removed from her closed eyes and pale face.

"Only time will tell my Lord. If the fever breaks she and the child might have a chance."

Pycelle said moving away from the both of them. He watched for a moment longer as he seen Tywin still holding onto her hand.

"I'll leave you alone my Lord."

He said only to have no reply. Pycelle showed himself out as he left the two alone. Tywin continued to sit there. His mind racing as he tried to fathom the fact that he could not only loose a child, but the second woman that he ever cared about.

Sighing deeply, Tywin brought a hand up to cover his face as he sat there beside her bed.

Praying to both the old and new Gods that she'd make it through this mess.