Comfort

"Father hasn't left that room since he arrived."

Tyrion said looking to his elder brother Jaime. The blonde looked down at him with a deep frown. It had been two days already and Tywin had refused to leave Alanna's side.

He had his work brought to him and any meetings he had Tyrion see to them for the time being. Something which Tyrion hadn't expected in the slightest. He expected his cold hearted father would have seen her once and then left to return to his work.

After all he hadn't even visited Tyrion while he was in the black keep from the battle of Blackwater.

"Odd yes, but from what I've heard father adore the girl."

Jamie said in a rather baffled tone himself. It was odd to think that his father could find enjoyment in someone young enough to be his own granddaughter. Or the fact that he was willing to stay by her side while she was basically on her death bed.

"Maybe it reminds him of mother. The fact that she's pregnant and could die?"

Jaime questioned looking down at his little brother, who quickly looked up at him.

"So will father blame this child as well if she dies?"

Tyrion snapped as he gave a half glare to Jaime. The blonde snorted and shook his head, understanding Tyrion's words.

"Perhaps. Or perhaps not. Who knows. Father is... father hasn't seemed to be himself since he showed admiration toward the Stark girl."

Jaime said knowing how his father had been odd since the woman was taken under his wing. Jaime had heard enough from his sister and the rumors on the wind as he came back home.

"I don't believe Sansa could handle loosing the last of her family. I think... I think it would drive her to the end."

Tyrion voiced his concerns looking to Jaime. He couldn't say he understood on that level, but he understood the meaning of family. He understood the pain that he'd feel if his family died and left him alone.

That was something he never wished to feel.

"She seems strong, Alanna, I believe she'll pull through."

"You didn't hear the way she spoke to me, dear brother. She spoke about giving up moments before she collapsed in the hallway on the way to see the Measter."

"She wants to die?"

Jaime asked shocked to hear this new information. Tyrion nodded and sighed deeply. He knew the girl was hurting and honestly didn't believe that she'd pull through due to it.

"I had to convince her. She was set in her mind, which is why she had gotten so incredibly bad. She was willing to just...."

Tyrion sighed and rubbed his head. He leaned back in his chair, Jaime looking down at the little man. The blonde shook his head and couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Do not let Cersei hear this... she'll only use it to turn father against her. She doesn't like Alanna, never has -- this is the last thing we all need."

Tyrion said looking up at his brother. Just then the doors opened and in walked Sansa. The poor girl seemed a mess right now. Her eyes as red as her hair and her cheeks matching the color. She walked into their chambers and stopped seeing Jaime there as well.

"Oh -- "

"Don't worry, I was just leaving."

Jaime said seeing the distraught expression the young girl was giving him. Jaime nodded to his brother and gave him a small pat on the shoulder before walking past him and Sansa. Once Jaime had left the room, Tyrion turned his full attention toward his wife.

"How is she?"

He questioned knowing that the girl had went to see her sister. Sansa shook her head and walked over to the table which held the wine that Tyrion had been drinking. She grabbed a glass and poured herself a drink. Bringing the glass up to her lips she tipped it back and took a huge swig.

"That bad?"

He questioned causing Sansa to give a shaken sigh and glance at him from over her shoulder.

"She's still not able to stay awake. She's sleeping... Measter Pycelle says it's due to the fever - which has yet to break - he's concerned that she'll end up loosing... loosing the child... if the fever doesn't... if it doesn't -- "

"She's strong, Sansa. Once of the strongest women I've known. She'll make it through this. Her and the child both."

Tyrion spoke up doing his best to ease his wife's worries about her sister. Sansa gave a small sob as she shook her head and returned the cup to her lips.

"I was so mad at her for everything that had happened! I was so mad at our mother and brother's death that I didn't care what happened to her! I -- It's my fault she wasn't taking care of herself!"

"Sansa -- "

"I pushed her away! I blamed her! I blamed her because she stood beside Tywin!"

"Sansa you cannot blame yourself, it will bring no good to anyone. Your sister most certainly wouldn't want you to take the blame. It is no one's fault that she has fallen sick."

Tyrion said standing from his chair and walking over to Sansa. The redhead girl looked down at him as she placed her glass down on the table and cleaned her face of the tears.

"She will get through this I know it. Your sister is too stubborn to let death take her."

Tyrion was doing everything he could to calm his wife's nerves, even if he himself didn't believe the words he knew that all he needed to do was make Sansa believe them. And it seemed to work for the most part. The young girl was looking down at him after cleaning up her face a bit.

"You really think she'll pull through?"

"Yes. She's strong Sansa. You should have seen her when my father first took her captive at camp. She didn't care that he was Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Shield of Lannsport, Hand of the King -- she treated him like any other Lord. She showed no fear toward him. She is a force that even Death would be foolish to cross."

Tyrion said taking her hand in his and holding it, looking up at her.

"Alanna Stark will live, Sansa. She's too stubborn not to."