Well Being

Alanna slowly opened her eyes. Her whole body soaked in sweat. She looked around not recalling much. Last thing she remembered was walking down the hallway with Tyrion and then... nothing.

Alanna sighed and turned her head, the pain present as she did so. But she was quiet as something or someone she should say had caught her eye.

Tywin Lannister was sleeping while sitting up in the chair beside her. She laid there wondering for how long he had been there. How long had she been here?

She watched him closely and seen that his face had gotten more beard, just enough to tell her that he hadn't shaved in a few days.

Had he been here this whole time then?

"Tywin?"

Her dry and crackling voice called out causing the man to startle as he woke up. He rubbed his face and quickly looked to Alanna. He moved to lean over in the chair seeing that she was now awake.

"Alanna... how do you feel?"

He questioned causing her to lick her lips.

"My head aches. And my body as well. How long have I been here?"

"Three days give or take."

Tywin said rubbing his face again before grabbing her a glass of water. She watched him closely as he moved over to sit on her bedside and handed her the water, helping her to sit up a bit better to drink.

"You gave everyone a scare. I thought I told you once to not do that again?"

"I'm sorry -- "

"Drink."

He said causing her to drink all the water from the cup slowly. Once it was gone she clicked her tongue, her throat feeling less dry and her mouth thanking him for the drink.

Tywin then returned the cup to the nightstand and looked at her. He sighed deeply and moved his hand over her sweaty forehead. He moved her brunette hair out of her face and down and around her cheeks.

"Alanna, did you know you're with child?"

He questioned getting right to the point. Her eyes widened and her mouth agape. She didn't have any idea that she was with child. If she had known she would have taken better care of herself for starters.

"I - I - I'm pregnant?"

"I'll take that as you didn't know."

Tywin said moving his hand from her face to her hand. He sighed deeply through his nose as he held her hand tightly.

"I've spoken with Measter Pycelle. You're at least three moons with child if not four."

"Seven Hells."

Tywin arched a brow looking at the young girl. She looked up at him with a large frown.

"I'll didn't think that I was pregnant. I thought it was the heat, my stomach was upset from the heat so I stopped eating so much... Tywin what if the child is -- "

"The child is fine. So long as your feaver breaks, the child will be fine."

He reassured her. He wore a large frown upon his lips as he squeezed her hand tightly.

"Once your feaver breaks you'll eat and drink plenty of water, no wine."

He informed her watching her laying there as she tried to process things. He wasn't happy that she had gotten sick, not with being pregnant, after the fact that Sansa had told him that she hadn't seemed to be taking care of herself as of late.

"From now on all meals prepared for you will be fully eaten, you'll drunk at least one pitcher of water each day -- no less."

He said making his demands with her. She looked up at him. He was making demands. He was showing her that he was serious about this child - of course he was this was another heir they were talking about.

Not just any heir, but an heir for the North. A Lannister heir for the North -- once they married. That's when Alanna's eyes widened. They needed to marry prior to the birth of the child unless it end up a Bastard.

No doubt Tywin already knew this - which of course he did - but it raised many a questions for Alanna in the back of her mind. The first and foremost what would her sister think of her now being pregnant?

Alanna closed her eyes slowly and sighed through her nose. She relaxed best she could against the pillow that was soaked in her own sweat.

"How long have you been here?"

Her next question came as she re-opened her eyes and looked at Tywin's stoic and unreadable expression. He didn't say anything as he removed his hand from hers and looked over her body.

"Long enough."

Was his reply. Alanna already figured the answer by the way Tywin's tired eyes moved across her body, her stomach mostly, until his green-golden gaze fell upon her blue-golden one.

"I'm sorry to have kept you here, Lord Tywin."

"Do not apologize. Just... get well."

He said as he rose from the bed finally and straightened out his uniform.

"I'll leave you to rest for now. I'll return tomorrow. Until then listen to Measter Pycelle. He knows what's best."

He told her with his back to her before he walked away to leave the room. Alanna closed her eyes when she heard the door shut behind him.

Tywin lannister had never been a man to show emotional weakness and yet here he had been -- sitting with Alanna the entire time she had been sleeping. For a man so he'll bent on ruling the Seven Kingdoms and appearing to be a man who did not care for other, he was doing a piss poor job now.

Alanna knew, as did the rest of his family, that by him staying at her side meant that he actually cared about her well being. Sure, he could blame it on the pregnancy and saying that he was only concerned for his heir and not the least for her.

But that would be such a lie that not even Tywin Lannister, the mighty Lion of Casterly Rock, could manage to convince anyone.

Not even himself.