Lost Hope

Alanna was called to break her fast the next morning. It was also the morning that things seemed to rapidly change for not only her, but Tywin Lannister as well.

There she sat before him at the table, he had handed her the note which Robb Stark, her younger brother, had written and sent to Tywin himself.

Her eyes scanned the parchment over and over again as her mouth dropped open slowly.

"H-How can this be..."

Her words faded off. The food on her plate long since cold. Tywin had yet to touch his food as well as he sat there leaning back in his chair, watching her carefully as her walls had fallen.

He was seeing the real Alanna now.

Much like that of a woman, he watched as her heart sank and her hands lowered the paper to the table slowly. Her eyes large and doe like at this moment. Her plump pink lips slightly parted at the suprise of the letter. Her pale skin seemingly even paler than before.

Tywin inhaled deeply through his nose and nodded his head. His brow arched while the other relaxed, giving him a rather empowered look that would seem rather curious, if it had not been Tywin Lannister gazing at her.

"Your dearest brother has abandoned you. He seems to believe that his surrender is not worth your life."

Tywin mused, reaching for his glass and sipping his wine. His gaze never leaving you.

"I can see this wasn't what you expected to hear. Hoping that your dear little brother would come to your aid? A rescue? Only to be given such damping hope as this."

"Why do you show me this, Lord Tywin?"

Alanna questioned her gaze snapping toward him. Her voice quivered but strong. She was determined to stay as strong willed as possible in this type of situation, but she found even that hard to do after knowing that her brother had abandoned her.

"Because you have a right to know."

He said simply, his voice deep sending chills up Alanna's back. She swallowed the saliva that had gathered in the back of her throat from the emotional read of the letter. Glancing down she picked up the letter between her forefinger and middle and tossed the note gently over to Tywin, having it land softly on the table before his plate.

"So what now?"

She questioned. Her eyes never leaving her plate as she spoke. Her stomach long since unable to even attempt to eat her food. Tywin leaned a bit more toward Alanna in his chair. She sat to his right, so he could be close to her for the whole note schrade.

"Sinple. We eat our food and then I have some important battle plans to attend to."

Tywin said straightening back in his chair after he spoke and picking up his fork and knife.

That's when Alanna turned and looked at him confused.

"I meant, what will happen to me?"

She reworded her question.

"Yes, I know that's what you meant, Lady Stark. I figured it obvious, but if I must explain I suppose I will."

He said as if an explanation was such a tedious task for him and one that he wished to have avoided all together. Putting his hands down onto the table, silverware still clenched in them, he looked back to Alanna.

"You will be sent back to your tent until lunch, in which then you will join me, and perhaps a few of the Lannister family council."

Alanna's breath hitched in the back of her throat. What type of game was Tywin playing at now? Surely he should just kill her now and get it over with? Robb Stark had explained that her capture wasn't a concern of his, so why keep her around?

"What? We're you expecting that I'd kill you now?"

Tywin said giving a slight amused chuckle. Alanna didn't know how to answer that, because that was exactly what she was thinking.

"P-Perhaps?"

She managed to say only for Tywin to silently scoff and give one firm shake of his head before he placed his fork in his food.

"That would be such a waste. Eat. You need your strength."

He ordered and she slowly, but sure, started in on her meal of the morning.