Let me Help

"You look terrible."

"Not now Tyrion, please."

She begged as she sat behind her desk working. Tyrion had returned to visit and perhaps go over more wedding plans for her and his father, but upon seeing her ashen face he was more concern with her than the fees for the wedding.

"You need to see the Measter."

"Since when are you concerned for me?"

Tyrion rolled his eyes and clicked his tongue. He waddled forward and placed his book down on the edge of her desk.

"Since we became friends."

Alanna arched a brow as she watched the little man walk around to her from the other side of her desk. She placed her quill down and looked to him. He looked her up and down, she seemed extremely sickly and needed to be seen by the Measter.

"You're awful looking. What if you have a fever? What if you have caught something?"

"It's just the heat Tyrion, aside from that I'm -- "

"I'm no fool, Alanna, something is terribly wrong with you. I'm sending for the Measter."

"No, don't! Tyrion please!"

Tyrion stopped on his heels and turned to see her with a hand out reached and her eyes begging for him to not leave. He felt upset, why was she so quick to refuse help and get checked up.

"Why? Why on earth should I not retrieve him when you are clearly ill! How has my father not noticed how badly you've gotten!"

His once gentle tone was now raised and angry. He was obviously upset over the whole thing and the fact that Alanna was refusing help only irked him that much more.

"Your father is a busy man, I've not seen him the last few nights. I've also been locked up working."

"So that he won't see how badly you've gotten?"

Alanna flinched, Tyrion was a smart man who had hit the nail right on the head. Tyrion seen this and walked back to her and stopped. He looked up at her with concern, as he placed his hand on her knee.

"Alanna, why do you refuse to see the Measter?"

Alanna bit her bottom lip as she felt her emotions unwind. She sobbed lightly, causing Tyrion to remove his hand and straightened his back as he stepped backward. He hadn't ever seen Alanna cry before, he wasn't particularly capable of easing a woman when they were emotional.

He swallowed softly and took a step forward again and placed his hands around her arms, doing his best to hug her.

What he hadn't expected was for Alanna to grab him back and burry her face in his shoulder. He stood there stiff as a board as he patted his back the best he could to attempt to comfort her.

"My family is dead. Sansa won't even look at me. What does it matter if I live or die? What does it matter? I'm so useless!"

"You are not useless!"

Tyrion said strongly as he pulled away and grabbed Alanna by the face. He looked up at the younger woman. He was searching her eyes for anything that could show him that she still had some fight left in her, but he found none.

Instead all he found was the tired eyes of a woman who had been fighting for far too long. A woman who had been crushed to pieces months ago, but still stood strong for her family.

A woman, who against all odds gave up her own happiness so that it might help her family.

"Alanna Stark, you are brilliant, stunning, and kind. Your sister needs you now more than ever, even if she won't admit it, she cares for you. You are my friend, I care for you. You have people who would be crushed to see you slip away."

Alanna sniffled as she looked down at Tyrion. His words struck her and they struck her hard.

"You cannot take the cowards way out. I will not allow it. I will not let you do that to Sansa."

He said, his little hands cold on her warm face. She sniffled again as her bottom lip stopped quivering the best it could.

"Tyrion..."

"Please, Alanna, let me take you to the Measter. Please."

She had never known a Lannister to beg the way Tyrion had done with her. Alanna licked her lips for a quick second before nodding her head. Tyrion sighed and moved his hands from her face to her own hands.

"Can you walk?"

"Yes."

"Good, because I'd hate to say that I cannot carry you. And we'd look like a mess walking down the hallway if I even attempted."

He joked causing Alanna to chuckle lightly seeing the grin upon Tyrion's lips. She nodded her head and stood, walking slowly beside Tyrion on their way to see the Measter.