Chapter 1.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I grabbed my alarm clock and threw it across the room by reflex and the shattering noise woke me up.

"Damn it! That was my 5th one!" I face palmed. I need to start putting my alarm clock across the room.

"Lexi!" I screamed.

"Yes Piper?" said my self made voice command system.

"Order me a new alarm clock off of Amazon"

"Okay."

"Tell me my daily schedule please."

"It's the usual but you have after school at the media today at three to four, then you have to work at the library to four to six." I groaned.

"Ok thank you."

I live alone ever since my parents died in a car crash with my brother cal, but the system doesn't know I live alone, I'm not trying to get taking away.

I use my parents money to pay rent and food, I work to help out and make extra emergency money if needed, I didn't feel like working today though.

"Lexi, hack into the libraries database and say I'm on vacation."

"Sure thing."

I'm fifteen years old and this is my second year in high school, let me tell you it is hell. I've made only one friend the first year because I'm basically antisocial, and her name is Polly. She makes me relies why I'm antisocial.

I turn the shower on and started getting ready for another depressing day to go with my depressing life.

I put on a white hoodie crop top that says "BABYGIRL" that shows a little of my belly button piercing, and white adidas sweatpants with white adidas. My hair is a few inches past my shoulders but not too long, it's still short. I wore my hair wavy coming down so it was now sitting on my shoulders.

I grabbed my small canvas backpack that had my honors books in them with my charm bracelet I always wore.

"Bye Lexi."

"Goodbye Piper."

I head downstairs and went into my refrigerator to grab yogurt with my granola bar and walked to school.

When I arrived I was greeted by Polly and two boys, joy she always wants to play match maker with me. I threw away my yogurt.

"Hello Piper!" Polly expressed happily.

"Morning." I muttered, chewing on my granola.

"This is Pete, my boyfriend! And this is Larry." Her grin grew wider while she hugged Pete tightly.

"Hello." He smiled while he offered his hand.

"Hi." I muttered, slowly shaking his hand, while I ate the rest of my bar.

"So I hear you're the brains." He said sheepishly.

"I guess."

I was tired of hearing him already and put on my wireless beats headphones and played my music. I turned it all the way up and I saw him look at Polly, she mouthed a "sorry" to him. I rolled my eyes, but felt myself being dragged away from them by Polly. I pulled off my headphones.

"Yess?" I said in innocents like I wasn't just being rude.

"What's with you?" She shrieked.

"I don't know what your talking about." I rolled my eyes.

"You were so rude to Larry."

"Well maybe because I don't like Larry." I said in a duh tone.

"Just please try him out? We're going on a double date and you're gonna come!" She stomped away.

I put my headphones on and walked in a different direction than her. I'm not going to the double date, I don't care if she's mad.

The first bell ranged throughout the school, telling us to get ready for class. I ran to my locker dodging everybody and put my bag in there then taking my books I need out. I walked all the way to honors math.

"Okay class so today we're going to learn about-"

Immediately zoned out. I knew it already, so I didn't care, and the teacher didn't bother me about it.

~~~

Three classes done! Time for lunch. I went to the cafeteria looking for Polly and I see her sitting there with her boyfriend. I put my headphones on and walked there.

"Hi." I said as I sat down.

"Hey!" She said enthusiastically. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Sup." Pete said.

"Guess who's joining us!" Polly said.

Before I could react Larry decides to sit by me, really close.

"Hello!" He said in a chippy voice.

I put my head down and turned my volume a little bit lower to listen to their conversation, and let me tell you Larry is so boring! I'm definitely not going to that double fucking date.

"So yea then the guy was like-"

"I'm gonna go!" I said, interrupting Larry. They all looked at me weirdly, but I didn't care.

I walked all the way upstairs to the library, as I did I texted Polly.

'Not going to the double date, sorry but he's too much. ~Piper'

'What!?~Polly'

'I mean I wasn't going in the first place you kind of forced me like I didn't had a option, but I do, so I'm not going.~Piper'

'I thought you cared.~Polly'

'I thought you did too but you always have to play match maker! Let me find people on my own!~Piper'

She read it but didn't reply. I scoffed. I walked to my locker, grabbed my bag then went to the library. I sat down at the table and took out a book. 

The bell rang and I walked out of school so I can go home and sleep.

I made it home and told Lexi to wake me up two pm so I can go back to school. I fell asleep.

~~~

An alarm clock like sound woke me up and I groaned, I reached to throw it across the room but nothing was there. I relies it was Lexi.

"Ok ok Lexi! I'm up." She stopped.

I washed my face and put some perfume cause I lost most of my scent.

~~~

Of course I was the first one at the media center, it was still two. I picked out a book and sat down reading it.

An hour later people started filling up the media center aka the library. Then all of a sudden I had a text from Polly.

'Didn't see you at school. ~Polly'

'Yea cause I ditched.~Piper'

Left on read again.

I took out my laptop, and I hacked into the schools system and assigned the three of the  classes I missed 'present'. It took a few typing but I did it. Then I started emailing my friend Cole.

'Make me a fake ID I'm going out. ~Piper.'

'Can I come.~Cole.'

'Yea why not~Piper.'

'See you tonight~Cole.'

Cole makes the best fake ID's and he gives me them for free and only me. He's like a brother.

"Fake ID, huh?" A mysterious deep voice said, sending shivers to my spin.

"I guess." I shrugged not bothering to look.

"Not social I see."

I rolled my eyes and turned around and my jaw dropped, she was breath taking.

"My names Alex Vause."