Chapter 13.

Alex's alarm clock woke us up. It's Friday and time for school, but I don't have to go to school because I can finally get this useless cast off.

"Alex, I have to go to the doctor to get this cast off, wanna come." She nodded and we got ready to go to the doctors.

We hailed a cab and paid them once we arrived at the hospital. I checked in and waited in the waiting room next to Alex.

"So if anything bad happens, we'll stick together right!?" I asked her with hope in my eyes.

"Yes. Even though we met for like a month and dated less than a few weeks, I feel connected with you." She confirmed.

"Yes, me too Alex. I don't want anything to happen to you, if it was someone else I would've done or think differently, but with you I wanna be by your side." I said tearing up.

We were about to lean in for a kiss but the nurse interrupted us telling me that my doctor would like to see me now. I walked to room 213 and sat down ready for the doctor to take off my cast. When he did I thanked him walked out and called a taxi to take me home with Alex next to me. I get a call from Matt.

"Yes." I said.

"Alex's mom, is in trouble."

"What the hell do you mean!?"

"Go to the warehouse, she's been kidnapped there." And at that he hung up.

I yelled at the taxi driver to change destinations and Alex looked at me confused. I started crying and I kept saying sorry to Alex repeatedly. Once we arrived I literally threw my money at the driver and got out the car, with Alex. The cab driver drove off leaving us in front of the warehouse.

"Your mom is kidnapped." I whispered.

"What!?" She whispered screamed.

I cried harder I didn't know what to say, or do, didn't know what will happen next. I started shaking while looking at Alex with fear in my eyes. All I saw in her eyes were hurt and I hated seeing that look.

"Piper." Alex said caressing me. I tried to shove her away.

"Why are you talking to me, you should be running away. Your mother is in there, kidnapped and it's because of me." I pointed at myself forcefully.

"It's okay." Is all she said.

"No it's not."

"Your right, it's not, but it's also not your fault you didn't want to be in another organization again but here you are, you just wanted to live a normal life but it seems like you can't get away from this one. The reason I'm not mad at you is because it's not your fault and will never be your fault, maybe it'll be Matt's fault because he put you in this situation after he knew what you guys been through to get out of the first one but it's not and never will be your fault. If-" Alex choked but continued.

"-If my mom doesn't come back alive... it won't be your fault... at least I know you tried." She smiled with a few tears coming down her precious face.

"I'll be a little sad but, I have you. Right?" I nodded vigorously.

"Right." I confirmed.

I wiped my face from the last remanence of my tears and toughened up. I took a long deep breathe and walked to the back of the warehouse with Alex behind me. I need to do this. I saw Matt and he gave me my things.

"Stay here with Matthew okay?" She sadly nodded.

I grabbed my grappling hook and swung up to the roof. I broke into the celling with the stomp of my foot. I saw Diane from across the room tied up and screaming frantically but it's muffled by the tape across her mouth. She had a blindfold across her eyes too, I then reminded myself that she can not see me or else I will not see Alex if this all goes well. I put on a mask across my mouth and put a hoodie on then put the hood on my head.

"Come on Piper, get it together." I whispered.

I jumped down checking my surroundings. I kicked open doors, and everything I saw to see if the kidnapper is hiding anywhere.

Then downstairs I saw a guy walk in and he saw me. He pointed his gun at me and shot it. I'm too fast for it though. As soon as he shot it I did a back flip to the side away from the bullet. He shot again, I did the same thing. Again, same thing. I jumped on the railing and fell to his level. I walked towards him. He tried to shoot me again, but there was no more bullets left. I took out my gun and shot him dead.

I sighed out of breath. I walked upstairs and untied and unblind folded Diane. She looked so scared she backed up screaming.

"Shhh!" I yelled.

"It's okay! I'm saving you!" I assured her with my hands up in surrender.

Sure enough she believed me and followed me out the warehouse. I smiled so happy I saved Diane. So I thought.

I saw Alex talking to Matt, her back still facing mine but Matt sees me. Then that's when I heard a gun shot. My ears were ringing. Alex tried to turn around but Matt with a terrified face turned Alex's face back grabbed her hand and run so she had no time to look what had happen.

But I did. Diane lied on the floor dead blood pooling around her. I started to run not wanting to stand still for me to be an easy target. I saw the snipper and grabbed my gun, I kept on running while he tried to kill me. I took out my hand and shot the gun at him. He had no time to dunk because it felt like I shot it at 0.1 second. He died, because I hit the weak spot in him like how I know he hit the weak spot in Diane for her to die so quickly.

Oh my god, Alex. I choked. I ran where Matt ran, only to find a worry look of Alex's.

"Thank you Matt I think me and Alex should go now." Matt nodded sympathetically for what he just saw.

"Where's my mother?" Alex looked at me with hope. Hoping she grabbed a cab to go home, or hoping she went back to doing her everyday thing. I took off my mask, and hailed a cab to take her to my house.

Once we arrived I dragged her inside and took off my gear.

"Where's my mother." She asked again.

"Let me tell you what happen." I said sighing. She nodded, so I began.

"I walked in the warehouse and saw Diane blindfolded, mouth and eyes covered. Once I was fully inside the building I looked around and check all my surroundings. I saw a guy walk in and he saw me, he try to shoot me but I dodged every single bullet. Diane was still screaming frantically and I wouldn't blame her. So I killed the guy untied and unblind folded Diane and she was so scared she screamed." Alex gasped and I continued.

"I told her not to worry, that I was saving her, we walked out the warehouse and that's when I saw you and Matt having a conversation, your back was facing me, then it happened so fast." I sobbed.

"I heard a gun shot but all I saw was Matt pulling you away trying not to make you look at the scene. I turned around and saw Diane, on the floor, dead. I look up and saw the snipper and started running for it is a easy target if your standing still. I avenged your mother and killed her murderer." I went to touch Alex's arm and she shook violently.

"I'm sorry, it's my fault, I should've been careful I thought I was done."

"No, no it's not your fault. Like I said, I'm not mad I'm just... sad."

I kissed her cheek and wiped her tears. She laid down on my lap. I massaged her temples and the top of her head helping her calm down.

"You can move in with me if you like." She nodded gratefully.

"Thank you for trying Pipes, I really appreciate you here for me."

"I appreciate you staying. We're here for each other." I smiled down at her, but it didn't really reach my eyes. She smiled the same smile.

"Forever and always." She said.