Chapter 4.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I slammed my hand onto the nightstand next to my bed. The pain shot threw me, that I groaned and that's what woke me up. I got up and turned it off.

"Would you like to know your schedule Piper?" Lexi asked.

"No thank you Lexi." I already know what I would do today, see Alex of course. I feel like my world is going to revolve around Alex, and I'm so fucking scared.

I changed into sweatpants and an oversized hoodie that use to belong to my brother Cal. I wore my hair in a messy bun and put on my iridescent Nike slides.

"Goodbye Lexi."

"Goodbye Piper."

I took my bag that had my usual stuff in it and walked out the door while grabbing a banana.
I made it to school and was greeted by the usual Polly, and of course Pete was by her side with his best friend Larry.

"Hey." Polly whispered.

"Sup."

"So.. how are you and Alex?"

"We're good."

"Ok.." she looked awkward.

"Piper." Larry stepped up.

"Larry don't." Polly pleaded, but Larry didn't care.

"Why?" He looked like a sad puppy.

"Why what?" I asked frustrated.

"Why her? You don't look like the type of girl to get with people like her."

"I didn't know there was a look, because if there was, I would definitely choose it." I grinned. He looked disgusted.

"I know your parents wouldn't approve who would!?" He said angrily.  I blew.

"Do not! Talk about my parents because you can't have me! You don't know me, and you're getting farther and farther away from getting to know me because you're being a complete dick! You know something I don't like!? We're not gonna be a thing Larry, get that in your head!" I shouted and walked away where Alex to my surprise was staring with a full blown on smirk.

"Come on, kid" Alex said offering her hand, and I happily accepted.

I get an apologize text from Polly saying how sorry on how Larry acted earlier today, but I told her it wasn't her fault and he should've stayed in his own business.

"Wanna ditch class?" Alex asked.

"Sure." I smiled.

"I hope you know by class I mean the whole day." I chuckled.

"Ok, I would love to ditch school with you Alex." She beamed with happiness and dragged me out the school.

"Where to?" I questioned.

"My house or your house?"

"Wanna go to mine?" I asked, she nodded and we went to my house.

I unlocked the door and locked it back up once we got inside the house. I placed my bag by the door, and so did Alex. We made our way to the living room and turned on the tv.

"What you wanna watch?" I asked.

"Friends." She smiled. I grinned and turned friends on using Netflix.

"Want some pizza?" She asked. I nodded.

Few minutes later the pizza delivery guy came with our order. I silently groaned because the past few minutes we were snuggling while binge watching friends, and I was really enjoying her body really close to mine.

"Bon appetite!" She put the pizza box on the coffee table and flipped it open, while grabbing a slice. I also grabbed a slice and started eating.

I checked the time and it was 2:15pm

"Woah schools not even over yet." She nodded.

"Wanna do something else then."

"Let's go to the park." I smiled. She was hesitant but eventually agreed.

~~~

"I haven't been on these for so long." I smiled happily, swinging on the swing set.

"Really? Whens the last time you've been on?" I was debating to say 'before my parents past' but I wasn't that open with her yet.

"Can't remember." I sadly smiled.

"I use to be here with my brother Cal, it was so fun." I sighed and got up. I was about to say something but my phone ranged.

"Yes!?" I said in the phone.

"It's Matthew." I was shocked.

Matthew was my best friend before I met Cole and we haven't talked all summer, I thought he forgot about me.

"Hey Matt, how've you been?"

"I've been good, I'm sorry I didn't call or hang out all summer, I was trying to protect you."

"Huh!?" What was he talking about.

"They're coming." Matthew said, worriedly.

"Who!?"

"They're! Coming!" He repeated. I finally understood.

"You gotta come to the warehouse and go to the safe to grab your equipment."

"What the hell Matthew!? What'd you do!?" I said pacing around, angrily. Alex looked confused and worried.

"Talk about bad timing too!" I snarled.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I tried my best! Honest!" I sighed, and looked at my surroundings.

"Ok, do you mind if a friend comes."

"A frie-!? Are you kidding me!? This is dangerous!" He screamed.

"I won't let anything happen!"

"She'll stay with me if anything really serious happens other than that, fine." I sighed.

"See you later Matt." Then I hung up.

"Let's go." I grabbed Alex's hand and hailed a cab to take us to my destination.

Once we made it I paid the driver, and got out with Alex by my side.

"Mind if you tell me what's going on!?" Alex asked a little frustrated.

"Short story short, my dad teaches me bad things before the incident, and not a murder incident." I saw Alex tense up.

"Relax ok? Trust me." I patted her shoulder and squeezed her hand. She relaxed a little bit.

I groaned, and redid my bun.

"Let's do this." I said and walked to the abandon warehouse, with Alex behind me.