Chapter 7.

Lunch period rolled around and I made my way storming to the cafeteria, I spotted Polly, Larry, and Pete. Nothing new. I speed walked all the way to my seat, which was sadly next to Larry's.

"Something wrong Pipes?" Polly asked.

"No.' I muttered.

"Is it you and Alex?" She questioned.

"Yes, we're just having a little disagreement."

from the corner of my eye I've never witnessed a human more happier than Larry could possibly ever be.

"What happened?"

Polly and these questions I swear. Larry was all ears.

"Curiosity killed the cat." was all I said. I got up and walked out the cafeteria.

I get a call from Matthew as I'm making my way to the Media Center.

"Hello."

"Let's become a organization." he said, straight to the point.

"Didn't that get me a broken arm."

"But someone offered me a good one for fighting crimes on the low."

"Become a undercover cop then."

"It's better than a cop."

"Okay but what if we end up not liking it and wanting to leave, who knows what they'll do to us."

"They'll trust us."

"Uhm no."

"Come on live a little."

"My arm lived a lot."

"stop using that as an excuse Piper."

"Stop looking for trouble Matthew" I said storming to the Media Center. Alex was standing by the door but I walked past her.

"I'm not, this is a good job."

"No, I just wanna live a normal life alright? If you're in trouble you know I'm there, but other than that, let me and my broken arm be." I huffed.

"Ok but this option is always on the table for you pipes, see ya."

"See ya." Then the line went dead.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Alex, with guilt in her eyes.

"Yes, do I know you."

"Don't do this."

"I was about to say the same thing but you were already out the door."

"Pipes." Her voice broke.

"You cannot blame me, I was scared, I didn't know who to trust, you didn't even tell me you were pretending not to know me-"

"I didn't know he was going to find you!"

"-Ok but I was being put in a headlock and a gun pointed at my head risking my life, and the fact that you said you didn't care, hurt me, and scared me. I was just thinking about how I would make it out alive. I was scared pipes! I can kinda fight but not with guns involved!" I started to understand.

"You should've left me, you knew it was going to be dangerous."

"I didn't want to bail! I liked hanging out with you, you were different."  She sighed.

"You don't know how worried I was for you! Thinking if you made it home ok, or if you're even alive. I rather face a broken arm than your corpse." A tear made its way down her face.