Chapter 18.

The baby's ear bleeding scream was heard from all throughout the house. I had to go to the grocery store to get some milk and food for the baby. When I came back I see Alex struggling to keep the baby silent.

"You're not even accepting him, like you're barely holding him." I said. She groaned and rolled her eyes as she finally held it correctly and moved back and forth. Eventually he stopped crying.

"See?" I said smiling as I walked up to her and kissed her then put the groceries on the counter.

"When even is his birthday." She said, walking to the couch with the baby still in her hands.

"I think it's four months old."

"What day?"

"How am I suppose to know!?"

"Can't your glasses figure it out."

I sighed and walked up to the baby and looked at it as my glasses said all it's informations with a green sign around it's face.

"November sixteenth." I smiled.

"Oh, so he's a Scorpio."

"Yes and you're a Pisces and I'm a Gemini." I said and walked back to the counter to order pizza then prepare the baby's food.

I'm pretty sure I got fired from my job at the library but I'll make sure tomorrow after school if I'm not taking care of the baby.

When the pizza arrived, I payed for it and we started eating while preparing the baby to eat his dinner.

We only had the baby's crib so we had put him on Alex's lap while I fed him. He ended up barfing everywhere and Alex almost dropped him on the floor with disgust, but remembered it was a sensitive living baby.

I came back with a wet cloth and new clothes for all of us and started cleaning up. Alex was complaining the entire time.

"Suck it up, you're worse than the actual baby, I bet you were like this before." I said in annoyance of her bickering.

"Well... I was a baby." She said quietly not thinking of a clever comeback trying to defend herself.

"What do you think he is!?"

She rolled her eyes.

"I hope your eyes fall out one day, then you won't be able to roll them all the time." I said.

"Technically my eyes would still be rolling, just away from me. And plus how would I see your beautiful face." She smirked. I laughed.

Alex gave me the baby so she can use the bathroom and I happily took him into my arms. The baby was making cute noises while opening and closing his cute tiny hands.  I put my finger on his palm his tiny fingers closed and he just held onto me for a while, smiling cutely. I smiled, a real smile that shows my dimples.

I've smiled like that for Alex all the time but these past few days had been torture. Little did I know, Alex had been standing here the whole time with so much love in her eyes it's unbelievable.

"Adorable." Alex said smirking.

"Isn't he." I said smiling.

"I meant you, but he's okay too." Alex said walking towards me.

She sat down next to me putting her arm around me and kissed my cheek. Looking at the now sleeping baby.

"I love you." Alex whispered.

I looked at her and she looked at me so vulnerable and loving it made my chest clinched.

"I love you too." I said smiling.

We kissed, then put the baby to bed and got ready ourselves. We went to sleep peacefully without any disruption from the little infant the whole night.

Love, what a wonderful thing.