Chapter 19.

I wake up by my phone vibrating on the nightstand. I grabbed it and tried to make my eyes focus on the screen. Matthew was calling so I eagerly jumped outta bed but careful enough not to wake Alex and went to another room to take this call.

"Hi, did you do it?" I asked kinda eager.

"Sorta, but along the way, I found something." He said nervously.

"What?"

"You have an older brother name Danny who's still alive but is living in Vermont."

"What!?" I shrieked. "How am I now just hearing about this 'danny' character."

"I'm sorry to break it to you Piper but... Danny was your moms favorite and secretly your dads favorite too even though he didn't want to admit it. Danny is smart like you but your parents didn't want to put him at risk in the cartel so they chosen you instead. Your father didn't want Kubra or others to know that he has a son that's intelligent so he would have to force him to join the cartel. He spoke to people in Vermont and they agreed to take care of him if your dad send in some money. Danny is now living on his own ever since your parents died."

"How old is he?"

"Like... nineteen? Did you even hear what I told you?"

"Yea, yea, I heard just... please get me out of this." I said then hung up.

I took a deep breath. I guess we're going to Vermont.

"Lexi." I whispered.

"Yes Piper?"

"Did you know I had an older brother!?"

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me!?" I shrieked.

"I didn't feel like it was my place."

"You're a robot, you're not suppose to feel!" I yelled in frustration. I looked around and luckily nobody woke up.

"I am sorry."

I groaned.

"Shut down." I commanded.

"Shutting down."

I rolled my eyes.

I went to my bed to wake Alex up. I kissed her all around my face till she opened her eyes gently.

"Good morning." She murmured.

"We're going to Vermont." I whispered.

"Don't say crazy shit to me when I'm not even fully awake yet, let me process." She said groaning. She stretched and had her arms and legs spread out wide like a star fish.

After a few minutes she slowly got up, yawned, cracked her back, and looked at me. We stared at each other for what seemed a long time but was only a few seconds till she finally said.

"Okay, let's go pack then." She kissed me, then went to take a shower.

I had the most confused look on my face but I went with it.

"Is the baby coming with us!?" Alex shouted from the bathroom. I forgot about the baby!

"Uhhh if you want!"

"Yea!" She shouted. Which made me confused because she hated the little monster a few seconds ago but I decided not to question any further.

"Okay! I'm gonna go check on him!"

"Okay!" Alex shouted while I ran towards to baby. He was quiet all this time and I was grateful that he was still sleeping and breathing.

I went downstairs to the kitchen and cooked an omelette and poured Minute Maid fruit punch juice into the cup. I took out some plates and put them on the table and put the omelettes on the plates.