Chapter 11.

I kept walking till I got to the safe side of town. Alex's place isn't too far away, I just gotta keep going. Matthew told me he cleaned up the mess, and that nothings going to happen to Alex. He doesn't know that. I said I was gonna have a normal life one day but I'm back at this bull again.

I knocked on her door loudly. No answer. I knocked again. No answer. I knocked the third time.

"Yes!?" Alex said sleepily, opening the door for me.

"Hello grumpy." I teased.

"Well if you bang on my door at one am like you're the cops.." she trailed. I chuckled at her and walked in. She closed the door behind me.

"So what brings you?"

"I just wanna talk." I shrugged.

"About."

I shrugged again. I walked around the house like I owned it and knew where every place was. Eventually I found her room, but it wasn't that hard since there's only three bedrooms and her door is open.

"Either your moms a heavy sleeper or she's at work."

"Latter. She's coming home soon though."

I walked into her room and sat on her bed.

"Talk." She said.

"About."

"Piper." She glared. "I know you didn't come to my house at one am for no reason now, come on talk to me.. please?" She begged.

"Fine." I sighed. "The date, it went ok." She tensed up.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"He was gonna kill me, I got lucky, and now he's dead." She relaxed a little but then relies what I said.

"What do you mean 'I got lucky.'" She said glaring at me.

"I saw him 'secretly' trying to poison my drink. He took me to the dark alley far away from my house before I ended up paralyzing him. Right when I was about to kill him he told me to watch my back because there's more people who hates me coming!" I left out the part about Alex because I didn't want to scare her. The thought of it made me nauseous.

"Al.."

"Yes."

".."

"What Piper?"

"..."

"?"

"I think I'm going to be sick." I said running towards the bathroom then throwing up in the toilet.

Alex came rushing towards me holding my hair and patting/rubbing my back, tilled I stopped. Once I did she flushed it and cleaned my mouth up. She got me an extra toothbrush and I brushed my teeth.

"Do you want some water, tea, juice?" She questioned acting like a nervous mother when her child has the flu.

"No I'm good, just the thought of being hunted down like a prey gets me nauseous. What if something happens to you." I felt all the color from my face drained.

"Nothing will okay? Just relax for a bit." She brought me to her bed and I laid down getting comfortable.

"Everything will be fine, you're fine. You will get out of this even if it's the hard way out, especially with my help or not." She added, caressing my cheek.

I slowly drifted off to sleep.

~~~

I woke up to somebody talking. It was Alex and her mom.

"Piper just came over so she could talk and she sorta fell asleep."

"Hmm. I feel like that girls hiding something."

"She probably is, she's so secretive I can't figure her out sometimes." I panicked, what if Alex tells her mom, we'll all be in danger. What if Diane wouldn't let me see her kid.

"Well it's non of my business, I can just tell she has a lot going on in her life right now." My breathing went back to a normal pace, and I started to relax but I didn't hear Alex say anything. I just hear footsteps.

I opened my eyes and I see Alex coming in her room. She stops and smiles at me.

"Good morning sleepy head." She beamed.

"Can you close the door." I asked her weakly since I just woke up. She did as she was told and sat by me.

"Why'd you say that I'm so secretive, I tell you everything." I frowned. She didn't even looked the littlest a bit of shock when she knew I eased dropped.

"Well because I feel like you didn't tell me everything last night." She confirmed while emphasizing the word 'everything'.

I stayed silent.

"Piper."

"They told me to also keep you safe, to watch out because they are coming for you and me." I confessed.

She froze, got up, and backed away silently hyperventilating.