2. Club Plasma

The drive took a while, but it was worth it as we pulled into the neighboring city

The drive took a while, but it was worth it as we pulled into the neighboring city. It was small like our town, with only a few main streets in the central area, but it much was livelier. It was located near a university, so it had an ever-growing student nightlife.

I looked over at Tab as she murmured under her breath, "Now where's this club..." She narrowed her eyes, sending shadows of her lashes against her cheeks, and pursed her lips into a hard line as she scanned the area.

I nodded my head forward, lifted a hand and pointed toward a small crowd forming on the sidewalk. "Maybe where those people are?" I pulled my phone out, typing in the venue's name to see if I could pull up an address. I clicked the navigation button, and promptly my phone began speaking out the direction where we needed to go, which Tab glanced at me thankfully, a small smile forming on her lips in triumph.

As we got closer to the club, the crowd grew slightly, a small line trickling out of the alley where the entrance was. "There it is," I said, nudging Tab with my elbow. She brought the car to a slow, her brown eyes narrowing again as she glanced in its direction, scrutinizing the sight before her.

"Just have to find somewhere to park." She let out a breath and tapped her lips with her black-nailed index finger, using only one hand on the steering wheel. A small smile appeared on her red lips as she saw exactly what she was looking for, and she carefully parked along the sidewalk, which was a few buildings down from where the club was. I brushed my hands nervously on the front of my black dress, as if I could somehow remove the nervousness crawling my skin as we started toward the entrance. I let out a shaky breath.

She linked her arm with mine, her cold, tanned hand slipping around my elbow. She smiled brightly. "Let's go!" I couldn't help but laugh softly under my breath as she strutted, realizing she was now slightly taller than me because of the tall, black heels fastened to her feet.

"You really know how to make a scene." I fidgeted with a loose string on the edge of my dress, fingers carefully wrapping around it, dropping it, then wrapping around it again.

She grinned. "Of course I do." She stood as tall as she could, and her head bopped back and forth, as she attempted to see over the line of people ahead of us. "We'll be inside in no time," she said excitedly, clasping her hands together in front of her, revealing her teeth as she smiled wider.

I cleared my throat. "I heard there's a nice restaurant attached to the dance area." My eyes met hers, waiting for her quick and likely negative response

She looked at me seriously, pursing her lips and giving her head two hard shakes as she clicked her tongue disapprovingly. "Yeah, and that's no fun," she scolded, replacing her disappointed look with a teasing smirk. As some boys and girls walked past us, she tossed a part of her blonde hair over her shoulder, eyes gazing at them. She lifted the same hand she had used on her hair and waved at them, offering a small, innocent smile. I shook my head, looking forward and crossing my arms over my chest. I chewed the inside of my lips and shivered as a breeze pushed against my skin. Small goosebumps rose on my pale forearms, making my hair stand. The weather was nice, but it was slightly chilly as it was only just starting to get warm out. Summer was coming soon, but I preferred the colder days.