28. Blood

I took two steps back, exiting through the door

I took two steps back, exiting through the door. Luckily, the man followed me as I wished. I backed into the small, open space in front of the cabin. He followed me outside, a sinister smile appearing on his lips. Lend me your strength again, Earth, I thought, hoping it would work with me again.

I had never felt so strong in my entire life. My limbs felt strong, and I felt like a mountain that couldn't be moved. All of my senses raged to life, and I was aware of every movement the man made before me, and Clark's weakening power only a few steps away.

The unknown man lunged at me, but I stepped to the side. Behind me, I heard a distinct growl. I glanced back, and standing between two trees my parallel, the black wolf, lifted it's chin as it bared its teeth. I smirked as I turned to face the man again.

This time, I was attacking. I was the hunter, and he was my prey. I started toward him, and I imagined my hands becoming claws like the wolf, and I could feel my own power rolling off me. The man stared at me, and I smiled as I noticed his fear as his eyes went wide and his lips slowly parted. Whatever human part of me would have stopped myself from killing him was gone. Right now, all I wanted was to destroy him for hurting Clark. As my hands met his neck, my nails were sharp like the wolf's nails. My fingers wrapped around his neck, blood oozing where I scratched him.

I growled, the sound erupting from between my lips. The wolf behind me repeated the noise, echoing the sound.

"Please," the man begged beneath me, his voice and body shaking. With a swift jerk of my hands, I snapped his neck, and he went limp beneath my grip.

I stood and kicked him to the side. I spat on the ground, and the wolf launched forward and tore it's fangs into the area between his shoulder blades.

I was both terrified and exhilarated by the power rolling off me.

It only took me a few seconds for the human part of my brain to come back and recognize what I had done. "I killed him," I whispered.

He was lifeless beneath me, his neck and back stained red. Lifting my palms upward, I stared at my hands which were covered with his blood. My heart thrummed in my chest, echoing in my ears.

As I came back into myself, the wolf dashed back into the shadows.

"Thank you for lending me your strength," I whispered into the darkness. My chest heaved as I attempted to catch my breath. I couldn't look to the body laying beneath my feet, so I chose to walk carefully up the front steps of the cabin.

Clark remained where he had been, nearly a statue as his shoulders pressed forward and head remained facing the floor. "Thank you," he muttered between gritted teeth.

I didn't like seeing him so weak. My eyes travelled his body, looking over every inch of him. Whatever dislike I had been harboring for him weeks ago had evaporated, now I was faced with the feelings beginning to bloom within me. He had shown me a world no one else had. I wouldn't quickly admit I was more than physical attracted to him. "Tell me what to do," I spoke softly.