Arranged Marriage AU

Mrs. Park and Mrs. Yook has been the best of friends since their Grade School Days, so they expected that their soon to be children will be the best of friends like them.

When Mrs. Yook gave birth to a little boy named Sungjae, Mrs. Park also wished that she will also give birth to a boy. But a year after that, she gave birth to a little girl and she named her as Sooyoung.

As little Sungjae and Sooyoung grew, their moms dreamt that they will become lovers to wife and husband. They sent them to same school, bought almost-similar things for them and even announced that they will be forever partners in school.

Of course, Sungjae and Sooyoung didn't mind. They were still young. But when they became high schoolers, it became a big deal for them. Sooyoung fell in love with Sungjae.

"Okay class, find your partners. Write your names in a 1/4 sheet of paper and be sure to put in on my table before 3pm." They are sitting on their Physics class when their teacher announced that they should find a partner.

As soon as the bell rang and their teacher left, Sooyoung runs to Sungjae's table.

"Jae oppa, I already passed our paper to Mam before she left a while ago.." She cutely whispered to Sungjae.

"Why did you do that?" Sungjae almost shouted at her.

"Because we are made to be partners for life, right?" Sooyoung smiled widely and her eyes beamed with confidence.

"No. We are not partners for life. We are and we will not be." Sungjae took his bag and stood up.

"But oppa.." Sooyoung tried to reach his arms but he moved away.

"Stop this, Sooyoung. I don't like to be with you. I don't like you." He said as he left their classroom.

When their class began, Sungjae tried to find Sooyoung but she isn't there. Sooyoung cut class and went home.

'Good bye and good riddance' Sungjae thought. He doesn't have the responsibility to wait for Sooyoung and carry her bag. He felt that at last he was free.

Days go by, Sooyoung tried her best to ignore and avoid Sungjae. Sungjae was as usual dense as ever. Their parents noticed it and talked about it.

"I think it's good that we should call off our arranged proposal and marriage for Sungjae and Sooyoung, don't you think?" Mrs. Park held the hands of her bestfriend.

"I think so too. They are mature enough to be dictated on the things they should do." Mrs. Yook agreed.

That night, Mrs. Park also said that they will be moving into another house with her parents.

With Sooyoung leaving, she thought that it will be easier for her to forget about Sungjae.

Which is fortunately happened. She became more mature physically and mentally.

Come their first year of college, for the first time, their parents didn't interfere with their decisions.

Sooyoung met a lot of friends, and opened her heart to her sunbae. Sungjae also is living his own life to the fullest.

One night, when he is drinking with his friends..

"Sungjae, did you know that Sooyoung has a boyfriend now?" Changsub asked him.

"Sooyoung, Sungjae's partner in life?" Ilhoon laughed.

A though hit him. He felt threatened for the first time in his life. He felt like something is missing. He felt like something is wrong. But he knew in his heart that he loves Sooyoung so much since they are still kids.

"Do you have contact with her, hyung?" He asked Changsub, his inner soul is praying.

"I only have contact with Irene but I heard that Sooyoung's been busy these days." Minhyuk said.

When he went inside their house, he saw her Mom looking at his baby pictures.

"Mom, do you have contact with Sooyoungie?" He calmly asked.

His Mom just looked at him with sad eyes and whispered, "I thought you don't care." And left him there dumbfounded.

He prayed that Sooyoung and his boyfriend will break up but instead of them breaking up, Changsub and Chorong were the one who broke up.

"Why am I like this?" He asked himself while looking at the soccer field. It has been years since Sooyoung has a boyfriend, and they will be graduating one month from now.

"Because you love her." Heechul patted his shoulder.

"They have broken up. Want to know why? Because Sooyoung isn't really in love with him, she loves someone else." Heechul sat next to him and looked at him with teasing eyes.

"She's been a victim of two timing since day one, Sungjae. Now that you know about this, I hope you'll do something." Heechul left him there.

There was his sign. He was really thankful. (In filipino, hindi na nagpatumpik tumpik pa si Sungjae.) Screw timing, screw the boyfriend girlfriend relationship. He wants Sooyoung to be tied on him. He doesn't want to waste time.

After their graduation celebration, he talked to Sooyoung.

"Sooyoung, will you marry me?" He opens the box and kneels down at her.

"What are you doing, Sungjae? This arranged deal was call off years ago so why are you doing this? Is this the reason why you called me here?" Sooyoung replied in a sarcastic way.

"No, Sooyoung. This isn't our parents' deal. This is what I'm feeling." He explained.

"Do you think this is funny? Omo, Sungjae, this isn't funny. Let's stop this." She almost left but Sungjae grabbed her hands.

"I don't need my Mom's and your Mom's deal to do this, Sooyoung. If this is just an arranged proposal and marriage to you, it is not for me. I'm proposing because I love you. And I waited for so many damn years just to make this happen." He looked on his shoes.

"God knows how much I love you. How much I regretted the time that I let you go. I love you, Sooyoungie. I love you and I want to spend my whole life with you." He continued. When he felt that Sooyoung isn't responding to him, he let go of his hands holding hers.

"Are you sure this isn't just an arranged marriage?" Sooyoung faced him, he just bowed as approval.

Sooyoung hugged him tight as she whispers in his ear, "I've been praying that this day will come. I love you too, oppa. I will marry you."

(Someone requested for an Arranged Marriage AU last time so here it is. I'm sorry if it wasn't good. I hope you like it. Leave comments please? Mwa!)