Ordinary Human

(Reader's P.O.V.)

    "(Y/N)! If you don't hurry up you'll be late for school!" Rushing to get my things together, I shove my homework into my bag. I don't even care if they get all crumpled up. All this because the speaker on my phone is broken. As a result, my alarm didn't go off and now I'm going to be late. I throw on a tee-shirt and some old jeans. I grab toast and almost head out the door. "Aren't you forgetting something (Y/N) or is there some event at school going on and you only have to wear socks." My mother stands by the door holding my sneakers and my backpack. "And of course, you don't want to forget this. Especially after all that homework you did last night." I hurriedly put on my sneakers and sling my backpack over my shoulder. "Bye mom, see ya later!" I rush out the door before my mother can say anything else and make a mad dash for my high school. I don't live too far away from it so I don't need to get a ride or take a bus. But at this rate even if I did take a bus I'd still be late. I run into the school building and don't bother grabbing my textbooks from my locker. I'm late enough as it is. I burst through my classroom door. "I'M HERE!" "Yes, Miss (L/N). I can see that. Take your seat and try not to disrupt class any further with your antics." "Yes ma'am..." The class laughs as I take my seat. At least I made it somewhat on time. I received a tap on my shoulder from the mobian cat sitting next to me. He happens to be the only mobian in the class. He hands me a slip of paper. 'Forget your textbooks again (Y/N)?' I write a message on the back and hand it to him. He scoots his desk closer to mine and lays his textbook across our desks. "Thanks, Axel..."

*Sometime later*

The bell for lunch finally rings when I come to a realization. I forgot to pack a lunch... "Is something wrong (Y/N)?" The black cat stands in front of me trying to peer at my face which I'm desperately trying to hide. "I'm fine Axel." "No, you're not. Did you forget your lunch today?" What's with this guy?! Is he psychic now?! "I'll take that as a yes. I made too much to eat and I don't mind sharing. I hope you like (F/F). Oh and I'll buy you a drink from the vending machine." "Thanks, Axel. You're too nice for your own good you know." "I know. What do you want to drink by the way?" "(F/D) please." He buys my drink and leads me to his usual corner in the cafeteria. Axel usually keeps to himself unless I have a problem. It's like he has a (Y/N) trouble detector or something. But, I suppose that's why we're friends. Lunch is almost uneventful, at least in our corner it was. Everywhere else there was a huge food fight. Food everywhere, our table being the only one that's still pristine. It's like there's an invisible barrier protecting this table in particular. The bell rings and the only ones who have left the cafeteria completely unscathed are me and Axel. The only table that doesn't need to be cleaned after school, the pristine one in the corner.