A name for the feeling

(Eclipse's P.O.V.)

Love. The word echoed through my mind as if testing the word. I love (Y/N). Just using it in a sentence made my heart dance. "Umm... Eclipse? Are you okay? You're looking at me in a daze." I snap back to reality when a thought occurs to me. I'm supposed to bring her to Black Death to extract her power. Since it's connected to her lifeforce, she'll die upon extraction. I can't lose her after learning the name of this feeling. "Eclipse?" "Huh? Oh... my apologies. I was just thinking." "About what?" "About what you said. I'd like to know more about that word. The word love." She gently smiles, which sends my heart to its usual antics. "Love is hard to define. When it comes to unconditional love I suppose you feel like you want to be with that person without a reason why. You feel like you need to protect them from harm and in some cases, you feel safe around them." Her face lightly dusts pink at the end of her explanation. You feel the need to protect them? I feel that way towards (Y/N), but that was before my heart's antics. That feeling, however, made that need feel stronger. I have my orders to bring her to Black Death but, I'm not going to do that anymore. I've decided. If this feeling called love wants me to protect her then protect her I shall. Even if it means betraying my own to do so.