Learning Love

(Eclipse's P.O.V.)

It took some time but I finally figured out where that echidna took her. That floating island in the sky, that's where my (Y/N) is. Wait... I mean our (Y/N). Thinking about that human is making my heart dance and I don't have the time for that at the moment. I'll deal with these feelings after I've reclaimed what's ours. Or perhaps mine?

(Reader's P.O.V.)

I notice something flying towards Angel Island. On its back, its rider is none other than Eclipse. "You wretched woman! How dare you steal what's mine twice!" Did I hear him correctly? He said 'his' instead of 'ours'. I watch as Knuckles and Hauntel get into a battle stance, ready to protect me from Eclipse. But rather than jump off the flying alien and fight, he swoops down with the creature and sweeps me off my feet. I'm too stunned for words. "I hope I didn't hurt you too terribly. We won't be heading back to the Black Comet for now. I need to make sure your injury can handle it first. Please hold tight until I land us." Unsure of what's going on, I just cling to Eclipse.

(Eclipse's P.O.V.)

Upon feeling her cling to me, my face heats up and my heart resumed its earlier antics. I don't understand what she's doing to me but, for some reason, I don't want it to stop. I land near a warehouse and pick up the human girl still clinging to my chest. I bring her inside and lay her down near the entrance. I dismiss the black volt and return my full attention to the human looking at me with majestic (E/C) eyes. What is this feeling afflicting me? Why does her power make me feel this way? "Umm... Eclipse... I'm sorry." "Hmm? What for?" "For running away when you told me to stay put." I kneel in front of her sitting form. "You have nothing to be sorry for. I do have good news to tell you. The human woman that you call mother, she lives." She hugs me upon hearing my words and I feel more of her power flood into me. Is that how it works? Physical contact? "I have a question for you, (Y/N)."

(Reader's P.O.V.)

He has a question for me? That's unusual. "What is it?" "Why do you make me feel like this?" "Huh? What do you mean?" He sighs and pulls away from the hug. "You make my heart beat at an unusual pace and even thinking of you makes my face burn. Why do you make this happen to me?" Part of me wants to laugh at his confusion. The other part of me is blushing like a maniac because I realize what he's trying to say, even if he himself doesn't understand it. He's in love with me. "Even when you make a face like that my heart continues with its bizarre antics. What did you do to me?" I'm silent for a good while until I find the right words to explain it to him. "You're in love, Eclipse."