Bad Luck

(Reader's P.O.V.)

    After determining my condition was stable, more people were allowed to visit me besides my mom. Axel told me about what happened to the bus after I ran away. Apparently, thanks to me, all the students on the bus made it to the camp safely. Rouge told me what happened to the stronghold after I was captured, it's doing well now and many of the things destroyed have been rebuilt. But, the thing I'm most worried about is what happened to Eclipse. Did the soldiers kill him? Did he run away? Why did he leave me here alone? My thoughts became interrupted as another guest came to visit me. "Hey, Shadow..." "How are you feeling?" "I've been better... There's something that's been bothering me. Maybe you can help me find some answers." He sits down in the chair next to my cot. "What seems to be the matter?" "Eclipse." "Why him?" "When you found me was he there? Was he somewhere nearby or-" He places a hand on my shoulder. "If I didn't know any better I would say you developed feelings for your kidnapper. We didn't see him or any other aliens near you when you were found. You were lying unconscious near the camp, alone." He wasn't there? So he really left me? I didn't realize it at first but tears began to stream down my face. Shadow wiped the tears from my face, concern evident in his eyes. "You like him, don't you? What happened to you?" "I don't really know..." It's not a very good answer to give but it's the only answer I can give. Do I like him? I never really thought about it before but after that kiss, I think something changed in me. I hear Shadow sigh beside me. "I hope you figure out soon. The last thing I'd want for you is to be hurt like this." He gets up and leaves, leaving me alone with my thoughts. This loneliness doesn't last long however as a strange alien with six tentacles and an eye in the middle of its face appears before me. "So this is where you've been hiding. I must say I'm impressed you managed to evade me for so long. But it seems for you, your luck has run out. I am Death's Eye, messenger of Black Death. You will be coming with me." "I don't think so. I don't think I can trust a floating Eyeball telling me to simply come with him. Sounds pretty sketchy." The eyeball looks away for a moment, then his pupil shrinks as if he came to a realization. "You're not affected by my power are you?" "What power?" "I thought so... It seems I must do things the hard way. Don't worry... Your pain will come to an end soon." I'm suddenly hit from behind and everything goes black.