(Un)Ordinary Human

(Reader's P.O.V.)

Another school day late. This is starting to become a habit for me. I really need to see someone about getting the speaker fixed. The day starts out normal but, then the sky outside goes dark. Is it a storm? Everyone around me gets up out of their seat and gathers around the windows. "Everyone step back from the windows this instant! Class is still in session!" The teacher's words go unheard as I begin to hear uneasy chatter among my fellow classmates. Something's wrong... I get up out of my seat, curiosity taking over my actions. I look out the classroom window and I'm wishing I didn't. The sky looks red and I see several things fall from the sky to the ground below. Next thing I know, we're being evacuated from the school. What exactly is happening? "Are you feeling okay (Y/N)?" Axel looks at me with a concerned face as I avoid his gaze. "Do you even know what's going on?" "The soldiers that came and got us said that they wanted us to evacuate. But, I'm pretty sure that answer doesn't satisfy that curiosity of yours." He looks off deep in thought as I go to stare out the window, the city starting to get further out of sight. Suddenly, the bus abruptly stops and the soldier tells us to stay inside. I move out of my seat and start moving towards the front of the bus. Axel tried to stop me but, curiosity is clearly winning today. I crawl my way through the aisle to the front. Without even looking out the windshield, I can hear the sound of gunshots. I peek up to look outside and I see some strange monster thing trying to make its way over to this bus. The soldier is trying to draw it away but, its attention is on the bus the entire time. I need to get off, now. Before anyone notices, I open the bus doors just enough to slip out undetected. I walk along the bus, ducking under the windows so no one sees me. As soon as I've snuck away from the bus, I start running. The monster thing must've noticed because now he's chasing me and now I'm wishing I ran more in gym class. He grabs me and I begin to struggle out of his grip. "L-Let go!" I start thrashing about and I manage to get an arm loose. I try to push him away when something weird happens. "LET GO!" All of a sudden a bright light appeared and he let go of me. There was a strange glow coming from my hand. What did I just do?