Safe and Sound

(Reader's P.O.V.)

Hauntel continued walking forward as I surveyed my new surroundings. Compared to the world below, everything up here looks so peaceful. Luscious green plants and beautiful tall trees. This floating island is truly breathtaking. "(Y/N)? Do you plan to stand there this whole time?" "Oh, umm... no, not really." "Then hurry up. The guardian of this place is not very patient and tends to have a short temper. Please be mindful." I nod and start following Hauntel. Soon we make our way to a shrine or, at least what I think is a shrine with a large green emerald. "Knuckles! Are you here?" "What Hauntel? If you keep yelling like that you'll attract more black aliens. I'm already sore from the last batch you brought here." A red echidna appears before us, assumably Knuckles. "Sorry, sorry. Anyway, this is (Y/N), the one from the prophecy I told you about." The red echidna looks my way and extends a hand. "I'm Knuckles. I'm sure Hauntel already told you I'm the guardian of this place." I shake his hand and nod. "This place is beautiful, You must take really good care of it." He nods and turns back to Hauntel, gesturing with his arm beckoning her to follow. I sit down on the nearby grass taking a rest. Today is going to be another long day.

(Eclipse's P.O.V.)

As soon as I return to the building where I hid (Y/N), I immediately notice something's off. The first sign is that the front entrance of the building has been smashed in. The second sign is that the human, (Y/N), is missing. I find a small lock of purple hair attached to a screw which it seemed to snag on. That echidna is going to pay for stealing our prize and this time I'll make sure she doesn't walk away from it.