Heartbeat

(Eclipse's P.O.V.)

As I left I heard her thank me. For some reason, the sound of that phrase made my face heat up and my heart skip a beat. What is this human doing to me? Is it her power doing this or is it something else? I decide it's best not to think about it for the time being. While she's resting, I'll go find her food and look for a possible route to the Black Comet. As I wander through this place the thought I had before resurfaces. Can't stop myself from thinking about it. If her power is responsible for these strange feelings, that would mean the closer I become to her the more these feelings will show up. I shove the thought to the back of my mind before I think too hard on it. I should just focus on the task at hand. I'll sort those thoughts out once we reach the Black Comet. I enter an area with a sign labeled 'food court'. If I'm going to find food for her, it's most likely here is the best place to look. I hope she's not too picky about the menu. I grab what I assume she'll eat and make my way back to our temporary base. I find her sound asleep in the aisle I left her in. She looks so peaceful. There it is again, that feeling. My heart skipped a step as I was watching her. I gently shove her left shoulder in an attempt to wake her. I watch as her (E/C) eyes flutter open and my heart does another beat skip as my face lightly heats up. What is with this feeling? "Oh, Eclipse. Did something happen?" "No, I just brought you human food. I thought you might be hungry." "Oh, I see. Well, thank you I guess." She smiled and my heart repeated its antics. I left the aisle before this feeling got any worse.

(Reader's P.O.V.)

There was a light shade of pink crossing his cheeks before he left me in this aisle. I opened the container in front of me. It had (F/F). I felt a huge grin on my face. Maybe he didn't know but this was my favorite food in the whole world. I silently enjoy my delicious apocalypse meal and give a silent thank you. I don't think he heard it so I'll be sure to properly thank him later. Today turned out to be a good day after all.