Hoseok

"What was that all about?" Mark muses aloud, glancing after Seokjin. I clear my throat and try to get Mark to pay attention. I don't agree with Namjoon's antics but it's not my place to interfere. I am glad, however, that he sent Mark to me. The boy is gorgeous and just my type. Sweet and caring-nothing like the douche Taehyung ended up being.
      I'm not ready to get back into the dating world but...I can see myself getting to know Mark more. I study his beautifully stressed face as I trace patterns on the table, absentmindedly.
      "Mr. Tuan? Please pay attention." I say gently and he turns back to me apologetically. I smile and finish explaining his contract-leaving out the part Namjoon wanted to add about not seeing Jin because it's utterly ridiculous!
      "Sorry. I'm just worried about my, uh...friend." He stumbles over the word friend making me frown.
      "Are you and Seokjin dating?" I ask, trying to stay casual. I hope not because it won't turn out well for anyone.
      He sighs. "I like him but we're not dating. I am helping him stay away from his ex, though." He admits making me smile once more. Cute.
      "You know Namjoon is trying to win him back, right?" I tell him and his face falls slightly. He likes him more than. He lets on. Hm.
       "Well, Jin doesn't want him back. He really hurt him. It's my job as his friend to take care of him." He glares after Namjoon as he gathers the papers Jin threw and walks out of the room.
       "I think it's their business and we should let them deal with it. Seokjin is a big boy, you know." I tease but he just huffs, crossing his arms.
       "Maybe so but he's so sensitive and fragile. He needs protecting and Namjoon obviously can't do that!" He raises his voice.
       I nod. "He fucked up and made mistakes but everyone deserves a second chance, don't you think?" I think back at how I treated Jin when we first met. Hell-I practically raped the guy and he forgave me and is now a close friend. "Everyone deserves forgiveness." I whisper and he studies me with new interest.
      "I don't know about that. Some things can't be forgiven." He whispers, even lower.
       "Sounds like you aren't talking about them anymore. Did someone do something unforgivable to you or did you do something to them?" I ask, curiously.
      He looks down and fidgets. "Doesn't matter..." he meets my gaze suddenly. "Can we just get back to the contract? I'm tired." He sighs.
     Nodding, I flip through the last pages and read him what the agenda will be. I'll be his mentor throughout the marketing project which lasts three weeks. After promotions are finished, he and Jin will shoot several photo shoots for the company over the next few months before the contract ends. Simple, really.
     He agrees to all terms and says goodbye, heading up to bed. I watch him until he disappears up the stairs before getting up. I hadn't noticed how late it's gotten so I'm the last one in the room. I gather my things and stuff them in my bag before striding out of the room and flipping the light off.
     I get the eerie feeling of being watched as I head up the stairs to my room. No point in taking the elevator because it's only two floors up and I need the exercise. Unfortunately I begin to regret my decision as soon as the door slams behind me as the watched feeling intensifies.
     I take the stairs two at a time as I practically run up to the second floor. I stop suddenly and hear footsteps behind me. Flinching, I turn but see no one. I shiver and open the door, running to my room and swiping the key card as quickly as I can.
     I keep glancing behind me but see no one. I open the door so quickly I nearly fall on my ass as I begin to close it-
      Only to have it ripped open and a hooded figure to slam into me, knocking me to the floor. I open my mouth to yell but a hand covers it, forcing me to bite my tongue and I wince at the taste of blood. The guy falls on top of me and tears off his mask and hood. My eyes widen in shock and despair.
Kim Taehyung.