Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Art went by so quickly. I think it was because, to be honest, I didn't do much work, I was just talking to the guys. They are definitely not your typical popular group. They are funny, smart and super friendly.

Peeta just keeps raising the expectations I had of him. I swear, there is no way he could get any better.

Before I know it, I am heading over to my tutor for tutor time. It turns out, all of us from art have the same tutor, so maybe Gale can get to know them.

"So, Kat. Are you gonna sit with us? I know the others will love you." Annie asks this, she is such a sweet girl.

"I don't know. I have Gale as well, so..." I don't know how to explain Gale.

"Don't worry. Ask him to sit with us too. After all, the more the merrier!" Finnick. Obviously, that's his type of humor.

I give an unsure nod, and soon we reach our class room. As we walk inside a few heads turn towards us, obviously wondering why I am walking with the 'victors'. That's the name they were given. I have no idea why... But, anyway...

It looks like me, Gale, Madge, everyone from the popular group and about 8 more kids are in this tutor group.

Wow. I have no idea how this happened.

I head towards the back where Gale sits, chatting to Madge. I know he has a crush on her, and to be honest, if I was a boy I probably would, without sounding creepy. She is gorgeous though.

"Hey Catnip." I wish Gale would stop calling me that! It is really irritating.

"Hi Gale, hi Madge." As I say this Madge gets out of her seat and comes towards me, then I am engulfed in a hug. At first I am shocked, and then I see a few tears in her eyes.

"Oh kat. Of course we are friends!" Oh. Thats why she is hugging me.

"Good. Because I love both of you. Don't worry, it's in a totally friend only way!" I felt I had to clarify, because I didn't want to sound like one of those weirdos.

"Umm, guys?" I take a quick glance at the victors, and see 3 empty seats, that they are saving for us. Peeta catches my gaze and gives me a million dollar smile. So HOT!

"Kat? What is it?" Gale has now wrapped an arm around my shoulder and is searching my face for any emotion.

"Oh, I'm fine, it's just... Well... We have been... Asked.... To sit... With them." The last part comes out so quiet that I would be shocked if they heard it.

"Why?" Obviously Gale is the one to question their reasons.

"Well. Peeta and I got paired together in English, and then he asked me to sit on his table during art. A few of them were there as well..." He has now pulled away from me and is looking at me in disgust.

"Go on then. Off you go." He is now avoiding my gaze, and I can see Madge flash him one of those 'shut up and let her talk' glances.

"I'm not going without you two." Gale now laughs slightly, and sits back in his chair comfortabley.

"Well, we're very comfortable here." Ugh! I knew Gale would be hard to convince.

"You may not believe me, but they are really nice. They told me I could sit with them whenever I wanted, and that you could both come as well. They are funny, smart and really friendly, just please, give them a chance? For me?" I see Gale and Madge exchange a glance, and then they look at me, before Gale gives a subtle nod.

I then look back at Peeta and he shows me two thumbs up. I chuckle to myself, and we head over to their table. We get a few stares from unsure group members, but eventually they all look content. Probably because of Madge.

I am sat in between Peeta and Gale, so I feel so happy.

Our tutor then runs into class, but collapses onto his desk. At first we think he has had a heart attack, but then the alcohol hits our noses. I wrinkle my nose and everyone laughs.

"Guess we can just talk!" This comes from a girl, Glimmer, I think.

As we start up a conversation and everybody introduces themselves, I notice how Gale has started to lighten up, and Madge is just getting along with them naturally.

I finally find myself at ease, and join the conversation just like any other friends would.

With each new fit of laughter, i find myself thinking, we could all be the best of friends in a months time... Maybe this is the turning point of my life...

I have decided from this moment, I am starting a new life. A fresh start surrounded by people I love...