Chapter 10

You guys are my inspiration and I love you all!

Chapter 10

I look over to my phone, and see it flashing the time. I have to squint my eyes, and I can barely see what it says. When I finally manage to focus on the small figures, I see it is 10:06. Wow. I don't think I have ever slept that long in my entire life...

Being as today is my day off due to trauma, I decided I wanted to visit Peeta. He said his family will probably visit him, so I am going over for about 11:30.

I know he is in the hospital, but I still want to look nice. well, I need the balance... Not too nice, but not slobbish...

Really Katniss? Your life-long love is in hospital prior to a limb amputation, and you are worrying what to wear? Get a grip...

I tell this to myself, as I slump back onto my bed in defeat. How I wish he would just walk through my door right now...

After another hour or so slumping around my room, I decide to get ready.

I run into my wardrobe and search around for something appropriate. After a few minutes I find a orange cotton crop top, and a pair of three quarter light jeans. I put these on, and pick up some white flats.

I look on my phone and see it is 11:00, so I have half an hour to get to the hospital.

I quickly grab my white hand bag and put my phone and house keys in it.

Unfortunately, I don't have enough money to get a car, so I have to walk everywhere. I don't mind though, because I find it refreshing and it's a quick fifteen minutes of exercise.

After what seems like seconds, I find myself standing in front of the sliding glass doors. As soon as I reach them, they open and I walk towards his room.

Even though the hospital provides it's own maze, I navigate my way easily, knowing the reward is seeing Peeta. I rack my memory for his room number, and lose my trail of thought, when suddenly... I am knocked over by a blurry, racing figure.

"I'm so sorry! Are you ok?" The voice behind me sounds familiar, but I am unsure of its owner.

"Umm... Yeah I'm fine," just then I see a hand reach down, and I latch onto it as it pulls me up.

As soon as I am on my feet, I connect a gaze with the unknown figure.

"You." There is complete venom in her voice, and I know where I have seen her before. She works at the bakery... She is Peeta's mother.

"You seam slut! Who do you think you are? How dare you seduce the boy! How dare you get him hurt! How dare you!" Each word from her mouth feels like a fresh slap around the face. Each stings more, and produces fresh tears in my eyes. That is when I realise... They were not entirely mental blows, she punched my cheek bones repeatedly. However, the thing I am least worried about is her attack on me, or calling me a 'seam slut', but... Who does she think she is calling Peeta 'the boy'. Who calls their own son 'the boy'? I know I wouldn't...

Before I register what is happening, my fist makes contact with her jaw, and she slumps against the wall clenching her growing bruise.

"That was for PEETA!" I shout this right in her ear so she gets the message, before looking at her disgustedly and storming off to Peeta's room.

The next surface that my fist touches, is the fire-proof wooden door of room 805.

🍞🔥🍞🔥🍞🔥

Authors note

I am so sorry for such the long wait! Hope you liked it guys. Let me know.

Yours always,

Emma

🔥🍞🔥🍞🔥🍞