Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I've been in the hospital for three days now. Peeta has hardly left my side. In fact, the only times he has left was when he wanted something to eat, because there was even a bathroom adjoining my room.

The guys have visited me everyday, even though it was only for an hour or two. It was still nice.

My doctor said I could go home today, because all of my vitals are normal, and to be honest... I feel fine.

It's almost as though Peeta has given me a new life... One that I want to fight for.

After the doctor has brought us the discharge forms to sign, he leaves us to get our stuff together to leave. It feels so wierd. I came in this hospital wanting to die because I didn't think Peeta loved me... And I am leaving with a heart filled with so much contentment... That I don't know how I could have ever gone through with a suicide...

I know exactly what I want to do when I get home. Curl up on my sofa, and cuddle with Peeta.

I know that he is the only person that could ever occupy so much of my heart and mind. He is my first, my last, and may as well be my every thought. But I'll always have Prim, and she is one of the best things to have ever happened to me.

I will never forget about my little duck.

Just as I am sure I have all of my belongings packed into my small sports bag, i notice Peeta from the corner of my eye. He is stood by the door of my room and he looks upset for some reason. He looks at me and smiles, so I decide to leave it and bring the matter up later.

When I walk through the door, Peeta's arm brushes against my own, and I feel his arm grab for my bag, relieving me of the weight.

He shuts the door behind me, and then places his hand on my lower back, gently urging me forwards.

It only takes a couple of minutes to navigate through the sterilised corridors of the hospital, and to make our way to the car park outside the hospital. I'm not sure who's picking us up... I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

After what felt like several hours, a car pulls up, and Peeta advances towards it. I'm starting to get worried about him, because he hasn't spoken to me since I was discharged.

I need to find out was has happened to him... and soon.

I follow him to the car, and manage to get a good look at the driver of the car. I instantly see the ashy blonde hair and blue eyes. It's Peeta's brother, Tyger.

I climb into the car, and Peeta gets in the back with me. He gives a faint nod to his brother who returns with a smile. It looks almost sympathetic... but why?

"Hey Katniss. Long time no see." Tyger looks at me through the rear view mirror and gives a light hearted smile. I return the same gesture comfortably.

"I know, we really should stop meeting under such circumstances." He gives me a final wink before starting the engine to the car and driving off.

Peeta takes hold of my hand, squeezes it once, and then we drive without speaking a word. Everybody avoids eye contact, and I see Peeta is just staring out of his window... but one thing for certain, is that he never lessens his grip on my hand.
It's as though I am his lifeline... the only thing keeping him sane...

🍞🔥🍞🔥🍞🔥
Hi guys!

I'm so sorry. I know I haven't updated for ages... I'm not gonna make up an excuse. I just didn't get around to it. I'm so sorry!

Thank you for reading. I can't believe the support I am getting from you all for this story.
I hope you're still enjoying the story!

Let me know.

Yours always,

Emma

🔥🍞🔥🍞🔥🍞