Chapter 14

Chapter 14

By the time I got to his room, everybody else had left. The guys all went off to try and calm Gale down, and the girls went back to one of their houses incase they heard anything. Apparently they were all panicking about me.

Peeta told me that they weren't angry at me, none of them were, well... Except Gale...

"Peeta?" I have returned to my previous position, and now I don't care if anybody walks in, let them see.

"Yes Kat?" As he speaks he reaches his free hand to move a stray strand of hair from in front of my eye.

"Do you forgive me?" He looks at me in confusion, asking me to elaborate. "Well... Before, I rejected your comfort... And then I just... Left..." His eyes start to soften, and he gives me a sad smile.

"Kat, I was never angry. I can't imagine what it's like for that to happen. I've never had one specific best friend, because I like them all equally, but, Gale was your best friend, and what he said... It must've been hurtful kat. And I don't mind that you didn't want me to comfort you, because I have moments like that, when you just have to walk away. I'm just glad you came back." I smile at each word, because he really understands me, and for that I am eternally greatful.

"Peeta?" One question has been tugging on my mind for a while, and I need to hear his answer.

"Do you promise to stay with me? ...I mean...I can be stubborn, and rude, and angry, and-" I am cut off, when he lifts his finger to my mouth. This stops me from ranting, and then he kisses my nose, leaving tingles all over my face. I love the sensation, and I kiss his cheek after.

I realise he still hasn't answered, and I start to worry.

My face must start to look sad, because the next thing he does, is hold my cheeks in his hands, pressing our foreheads together. Then, he leans in so our lips are brushing, and he whispers the word "always", just before I close the gap and our lips connect.

This isn't my first kiss with Peeta, but -be honest- It was much better than the others. I felt sparks fly wherever his lips made contact with mine, and then, his tongue brushed my bottom lip, so I opened my mouth for him, letting him be dominant as he deepened the moment.

I don't think anything about this could be any more perfect, not even the setting, because as long as it's with Peeta... What could be better? Truthfully?

When we reluctantly pull away for air, I feel something tugging at the back of my mind.

A name... M... Ma... Ma...Madge! She's still here!

"Ummm. Peeta?" I barely get it out as a whisper.

"Yeah kat?" I can tell he's still trying to get his breath back, and the thought makes me blush.

"Madge is still outside..." I can physically see his face drop in shock.

"Kat!" Now it's my turn to look confused.

"Well... You just abandoned her for like 15 minutes!" This makes us both laugh, and I peck his lips before going towards the door.

Sure enough Madge is still here, sitting on a plastic chair reading some kind of magazine.

As I walk out she looks up towards me, boredom evident in her expression.

She rolls her eyes and comes up to hug me.

"Finally." She exaggerates the word as we head back into the room.

After a few minutes, of blushing whenever Madge asks for details, we start a general conversation. All of a sudden. A thought occurs to me.