Chapter 22, The Fog.

Breahte

Breahte ...

"Yoongi."

Breathe ...

She's gone ...

"Yoongi," the screaming voice called louder.

With a choke running up his throat, Yoongi's eyes flew open and he tried adjusting to the bright lights above. He was drenched in sweat and coughing, sitting straight up in his chair. He took a moment taking in his surroundings, he was sitting in the waiting room at the hospital, Hoseok standing before him.

"Jesus Christ, hyung. Are you okay?"

Yoongi panted trying to catch his breath.

"She ... she's dead isn't she" Yoongi asked, his heart hammering in his chest.

"What?" Namjoon looked to him, his face nothing but confusion "hyung, she should be out of surgery soon. What are you talking about?"

"It was just a dream" Yoongi whispered.

"Dream? More like nightmare" Hoseok responded, holding Yoongi close "you fell asleep crying, we've been trying to wake you for minutes now. You wouldn't stop thrashing and crying." Yoongi looked to the window, the raindrops against the glass the last thing he remembers. The dream felt so real he was still unsure of everything.

"Are you sure she's not dead .. the brain surgery" Yoongi mumbled looking to his brothers.

"Brain surgery? She's just getting her bleeding fixed hyung" Taehyung looked at him with a sympathetic look.

"How long have I been asleep?" Yoongi asked.

"Just over half an hour .. her surgery should be done any second now"  Hoseok said. Not even a minute later the surgeon from the emergency room walked in and Yoongi's body began panicking, remembering his dream. He prepared himself for the words that were about to leave his mouth.

"We were able to stop the bleeding and set her ribs, so she's stable for now. We'll keep an eye on the area to make sure the bleeding doesn't start again but I don't expect any complications. She is still in a coma, her brain is just protecting itself from the trauma she suffered to the head. I had a nurse call the police station so that we could get a statement from the person who did this to her, she suffered a few blows so it makes sense why she's not awake right now."

"When will she wake?" Namjoon asked.

"I can't answer that, everyone is different but she's a perfectly healthy adult, so hopefully she'll make a recovery quickly. Just keep her company, treat her like you would any other day and hopefully we'll see progress soon."

"Thankyou" the six boys responded, Yoongi unable to speak. You weren't dead. You weren't awake either. But you weren't dead. A sob escaped him, washing over his entire body and Hoseok pulled him in close.